Hysterical..

Kim Yera's P.O.V

My eyes searched frantically for Seokjin who had disappeared the second I turned around to fix something.

"FUCKING SHIT!" his shrill voice screeched.

"SEOKJIN! SEOKJIN?? WHERE ARE YOU!" I knew screaming was probably the worst thing I could do in this situation, considering the monster that had been tailing us for a while. We both knew the moment we came across the gasoline.

We'd seen its blood smeared grin behind us in the reflection of the puddle. We didn't react, instead, we exchanged gazes, formulating a plan. If we'd let it know, we knew of its presence...we couldn't risk it. So we went along with our business, getting ready to blow that fat ass sky-high, back to wherever it came from.

We figured later on, that it was toying with us...hunting us. Separating us and driving us crazy until we were hysterical. It was all too familiar, the memory of something my father told me replayed itself in my head; there was a base in Israel where they had thrown refugees into a maze, by the end of the week they had mutilated each other in a frenzy to survive.

But what confused me was, why the creature was doing it to us. How did it know?... Was it just purely animal instincts? Why was it different from the other zombies? What was it before it turned? How did it have thinking abilities, last I checked the dead ones couldn't tell the difference from their ass to their heads...

I was interrupted by a sudden 'clang'

"Seokjin?..I whispered with my fingers wrapped tightly around my gun. I pointed the firearm at the floor and walked towards the noise.

"Seokjin?...Hey bud you there?" my voice called out shakily, I wasn't scared for myself, but more at what I would find. I would never forgive myself if I found his remains just lying there.

My heart stopped suddenly when a bloodied arm appeared on the floor behind the shelf, reaching out for help.

I dropped the gun and grabbed hold of him, I then pulled hard, dragging his body away from whatever was behind the shelf.

As I slung his arm around my neck, I noticed how his blue sweater was stained a dark crimson red around the abdomen area. If it was what I thought it was, I was prepared to ugly-cry.

"No...what happe-"

"It's not mine don't worry...but I'm shit pissed now that it's destroyed my favourite sweater." he sassed angrily as he struggled to stand.

"C'mon lets get the hell outta here, it can't run but its a persistent little fucker"

------------

"Do you still have the lighter?" Seokjin huffed as we ran. I felt around in my pants pocket and smiled when I secured it.

"Yup all safe" I said with a thumbs up.

"Good, we're gonna need it soon" he smirked rounding the corner. We could clearly hear the thumping of the creature following us. For a creature who likes to stalk its prey, it sure didn't know the concept of stealth.

We neared the exit or rather the very doors from which we entered this hell hole, my hands reached for the locks on the door.

"SHIT...Jungkook you responsible brAt! It's jammed!" I punched the door frustratedly.

"WHAT?? HOW? MOVE HOE-" he screeched, clawing at the lock and desperately tugging the handle.

I turned around from Seokjin to see if the creature had caught up. And surely it was there, dragging its meaty legs as it hobbled towards us. Even though it was a good distance from us it would reach here in no time if we continued to waste our chances of survival, on the door.