Venting... Amirite?

Kim Taehyung's P.O.V

With his eyes wide and his breathing shallow, he pulled his legs closer to make his body seem smaller in size so that he wouldn't be found.

The cold and rusted metal only made him feel more constricted. To him, his breathing sounded louder than someone repeatedly tearing paper. He was sure the creature would find him in no time because of the ruckus.

Taehyung bit his lip to keep himself from screaming when he heard the creature's footsteps just outside the metal box he was hiding in.

It's sudden low growl made Taehyung's heart clench painfully. He remembered how he had ended up in the steel box and it made tears prick his eyes as he snapped them shut. He wasn't going to get out alive...was he...

-------

Taehyung gripped the blood-covered machete in his hands when he turned the corner, expecting to see another deceased one. He stopped in his tracks, his hands fell to his sides and his face contorted into pure fear when his eyes landed on the large creature, it turned its head slowly, a sinister grin creeping onto its face as it watched Taehyung lose the air in his lungs.

It's mouth was smeared with blood and its hands held chunks of flesh which made said boy's stomach flip awkwardly. It reeked of putrid meat which Taehyung's nose wouldn't be able to handle if he stayed any longer, something he definitely wasn't planning on doing.

He stepped backwards to create some distance between him and the creature, this only made its grin widen at Taehyung's attempt.

Taehyung whimpered before sprinting in the direction he came from, his legs carried him hastily as he desperately tried to get away from the monstrosity. He noted that it was too big and heavy to run after him, instead, it walked with loud and thudding like steps, almost as if it were dragging itself across the floor.

Taehyung's breathing quickened as he turned every corner to shake the beast off his tail. He spotted a large steel oven down the kitchen aisle. He then hurriedly stuffed himself inside and shut the lid, thanking god the lid was tinted.

-------------

Beads of sweat raced down Taehyung's forehead as his shaking hands cupped his mouth in an attempt to keep quiet. Taehyung's eyes were fixated on the tinted lid glaring into the darkness. It was a pitch-black abyss, staring back at him, making him feel suffocated.

Absolute silence surrounded him, his breathing had slowed a certain amount, barely calming his frightened state.

How long would he have to stay in the steel trap waiting for help? Would anyone even show up to save him? Either he was left behind or everyone had horribly perished by the meaty, blood coated hands of the creature.

That thought alone brought another wave of heavy tears to his eyes.

'No...no that is not how our lives were supposed to fucking end...I'm not going to let that happen..'

He dried his face on his shoulder and began to think of ways to escape. He'd rather go down with a fight than being helpless dead weight.

Even if there was no other alternative he still had that one option of leaving the oven in hopes of the creature not seeing him.

As he shifted inside the oven quietly, his arm grazed a loose screw that was jutting out from the side.

'What the fuck?...'

In the darkness of the oven, his hands felt around to seize the screw. If there were multiple going along the boundary of the square, he could unscrew them and remove the steel plating and hopefully crawl into a vent. Assuming the machine was connected to the wall for electricity.