Twelve

Donghyuck couldn't stop fiddling with his fingers all throughout the ride and before he could nibble with his fingernails, Mark stopped him by tugging his hands, interwining them which made the younger flush red.

"Mel..."

"Mel?"

"You."

"Why does my name always change?" Mark giggled while squeezing the younger's hands.

"We're almost there." Mark notifies and a minute after, they pulled over in a spacious parking lot but before Mark could go out Donghyuck tugged the his shirt.

"Why?"

"Mel."

"Hmm?"

"Uh, yeah, nothing. Uh, let's go."

Mark chuckled and nodded. He lets go of the younger's hands that was intertwined with his and waited for the younger who was already walking out.

"Are you nervous?" Mark asked.

Donghyuck nodded, he already saw his friends but they didn't see him. They were busy talking and laughing.

"Do you still want to go inside?"

"Of course. I can't ditch them."

Mark sighs and pulled the younger's head to bury it on his chest. He won't deny the fact that he wants to take care of Donghyuck, keep him from pain and make him feel loved.

Haechan was a cry baby, as well as Donghyuck right now but he grew up. This Donghyuck is stronger but he deserves protection.

"Hey Donghyuck!" He heard Renjun called him from afar since the resto was an open space.

He smiles and grabbed Mark's arms to pull him. He was so nervous that he could already feel his heart beating out of his chest. Luckily Jeno and Jaemin isn't here yet.

"Is that Yangyang?"

Donghyuck furrowed his eyebrows at the mention of his friend's guest. "Do you know him?"

"He's a co-worker from my past job. You know when I gave you the papers, first day of school?"

Donghyuck nods. "What was your job before?"

"Just computer works in your school."

"Hi! Are you Donghyuck's boyfriend?" Chenle chimes in, smiling from ear to ear while giving a hand to Mark.

Jisung gasps as he saw his workmate from current job. He's shocked to see Mark with a guy that's acting like his boyfriend because he was sure that there was a blooming romance between Mina and him. Even though Jisung was aware that Mark doesn't like Mina in a way, the latter truly and genuinely likes Mark. So it was astounding for Jisung to see that the older is here, holding one boy's hands. Jisung thought he was straight.

Donghyuck on the other hand, flushed red. His nervousness was changed into something else. Nervousness about what Mark's answer would be.

"Yes. I'm Mark. Mark Lee. Good to see you here Jisung, is this your boyfriend?"

Jisung nods and grabbed Chenle's waist. "Mark hyung, Chenle, my boyfriend."

Donghyuck smiled to Chenle's guest but he was also blushing furiously when Mark said yes. Fuck, he can't stop his lips from smiling too much. He admits he feels giddy inside even if it was just a lie.

He whispered. "You are not."

Mark just gave him a sly smirk. "I thought I could act whatever I want?"