Seventeen

"Papa, why are you crying?"

Donghyuck shook his head in attempts to dry his tears away and even though he succeeded, his heart was still clenching.

If Mark had a girlfriend already, why did he kiss me? Why did he even call me pet names? Why did he even made my heart flutter? Why is he even acting sweet?

"Papa, don't be sad. Minhyuck is here already!"

Donghyuck was really grateful for the baby's existence. If he hadn't meet him today, he probably would lash out on Mark for making him fall in love when he already has a girlfriend.

He gets it, Mark is sexually attracted to him, but fuck he should've warned Donghyuck that he had a girlfriend, that way he won't expect much and he won't love Mark this way.

He sighs and pulled the baby away to go to the nuns and talk to them, trying to conceal his mind from Mark and that girl that he expects to be Mina, who called Mark this morning.

"How is he? Is he opening up to you?" The nun from earlier asked. Donghyuck just nod his head and kissed the baby which made him giggle.

"You really look like his father."

"Uh, y—yeah? Uh, thanks?"

The nun laughs. "He's Jeon Minhyuck. He's two years and 9 months old. He was left in the orphanage by one minor when he saw him on the streets. He said the father died and no one else knew. That's how the baby ended up on the orphanage."

"The baby must've been scared. He's still so young."

"Right? The only one he's been opening up to is me, and I'm truly glad that he has you now."

"I'm actually flattered. He's cute and I think he's smart. But how did he end up here in school? He's still so young!"

"He isn't meant to be studying here. We actually have another boy, four years old, he's graduating now and Minhyuck just wanted to see school so he came with us. He realized he liked it so we enrolled him here, only that he is not really a student."

"Oh, baby Minhyuck is really smart!" Donghyuck giggled and squished the younger's stomach.

The baby laughed out loud. "P—Papa... No. Stop! It tic— tickles..."

Donghyuck smiled. Somehow his heart was aided from the pain that Mark caused him. Being with Minhyuck made him feel happy.

"Is there someone who wants to adopt him?" Donghyuck asked out of nowhere, the nun sadly smiles.

"He's not really social so the ones who wanted to adopt him dropped the papers. For now, we're still waiting for another."

Donghyuck's heart clenched for another reason. Minhyuck doesn't deserve hates.

"Uh, can I... Can I b—bring him tomorrow w—with me?"

The nun raised her brow. "Where?"

The baby started moving away from Donghyuck so the latter put him on the ground to walk with other kids, he made sure to watch his steps.

Then he saw Chenle holding another baby. He smiled and called him over. When Chenle started walking towards him, he saw over Chenle's shoulders, Mark and Mina, giggling while the girl holds Mark's arms. His heart was bothered once again.

Mark didn't laugh with him like that. He wants to just go there, steal Mark and kiss him. But no, that girl is Mark's girlfriend and he's just someone... Mark's neighbor to be precise.

"Where are you going to bring Minhyuck again, darling?" The nun asked.

Donghyuck shyly rubbed his nape. "To the beach, actually. If it's okay?"