I sighed and shook my head.

"I'm not having this talk again. I'm going to find Lu-."
"-No, we're going to talk about this. I don't know what your problem is with Tamara, but this needs to stop. She's been nothing, but gracious to you. You don't have to like her, but you will show her some respect. You have no idea how much that woman has been through."

I chuckled dryly. Bruno, who had walked over while Uncle Giovanni was talking, stepped between us.

"Giovanni, maybe now isn't the right time."

I stepped in front of Bruno.

"What about what we went through? Aunt Aria has only been gone for five years and everyone just carried on like she never existed. You didn't even grieve her. Y-."
"You don't think I grieve her?! Not a single day goes by that I don't think about Aria."
"Were you thinking about her when not even three years after her death, you moved on with Tamara?",I spat.

"Karina!", Bruno and Uncle Victor yelled.

Uncle Giovanni's face was red with anger as he sent death glares my way.

"Get away from me.", he said.

I walked away and headed to find my best friend.

Lux

I was trying on dresses when Karina walked in.

"Hey, I was looking for you.", I said.
"That one's pretty.", she complimented the green dress I was wearing.

"I know! Apparently, your Aunt Juliana picked this out."
"She's Tamara's maid of honor."

She nodded.

"So, Juliana is Victor's wife?", I asked.
"Girlfriend."
"Oh, I just assumed they were married because you call her Aunt Juliana."

She shook her head and picked up the other green dress.

"Are you okay? You look a little down. Is it your parents?", I asked.

She sighed and sat down.

"It's everything. Uncle Giovanni is mad at me. Bruno's downstairs. My parents suck. Kai hasn't answered any of my texts and she's all alone up there."
"Wait, why is Giovanni mad at you?"
"Because I won't sit here and pretend that she's apart of this family."
"Karina, she's becoming his wife today. She's going to be apart of this family."
"Doesn't mean I have to accept her. The rest of this family can forget my Aunt Aria, but I won't."
"Who's forgetting her?", I heard a voice behind me ask.

We turned around to see Tamara standing in the doorway.

Karina stepped forward and glared at her.

"No one talks about her anymore. Uncle G used to always talk about her and then you showed up, and he stopped. It's like everyone forgot about her. When she died, it felt like she only ever existed in my head. Like I imagined her. I felt like I was crazy.",Karina explained.

Tamara came closer to her until they were inches apart.

"No one forgot about your Aunt Aria. Especially not your Uncle Giovanni. He struggled with moving on because he still loves Aria so much. When we decided to move forward with our relationship, I had to make peace with Aria. Peace with the fact that if she was still here, I wouldn't have met Giovanni. I wouldn't have had the chance to fall in love with him and this family. I've accepted that she's always going to be his first love and what they had was so epic. I
understand why you don't like me, but I just want you to know that it was never my intention to replace her. I don't think it's even possible to replace someone like Aria. From what I've heard, she was the best of the best."