While everyone was nodding to the details, Karter was looking at everything in amusement. The atmosphere was so serious but he understood the report since Kayne was also a patrol wolf. The Omega smiled secretly at Ivan's demeanor. The last few days he spent with him, he was nothing but sweet, soft, and caring so seeing him so serious was foreign but nostalgic. 

"After we called them about the incident, some of the bigger packs requested meetings." Killian contributed. "In total there were 13 packs and 4 of them were in 'the list'." Everyone's attention went to Killian as he disclosed the information. In 'the list' were the 10 strongest packs in the world. Last year, their pack was close to making in 'the list' but they missed it by a little. 

"So the news spread quickly and they believed it." Ivan's grandfather commented.

"We actually got an invitation from The Council." Almost everyone gasps at the statement. Ivan looked sent back and his face showed it. Killian and Alex sat back in their chair and smirked at the reaction. They had received the invitation the day after the ceremony and their response was similar. Both wolves came so close to blurting it to their Alphas but they knew better.

The Council was an authority that oversaw every pack. They make laws, vital decisions and keep in check in every pack. Everyone went quiet in the room and all went in deep thinking, taking in the shock.

"Here's the invitation." Alexander handed Ivan an opened cream-colored envelope. The latter opened in and pushed his chair closer to Karter so they could both read it together. 

"We, The Council invite the Alpha and the Luna of the Black Stone pack to the headquarters. This is due to the recent events in your pack and The Council requests a formal meeting to clear some allegations and misunderstood events. The meeting shall take place on the 5th of August." Ivan read it out loud.

"It sounds more like an inquiry than an invitation." Ivan said as he pushed it towards his father. Lucas skimmed it and nodded in agreement.

"It's up to you if you want to go." Ivan sighed and looked lost in his thoughts. 

"Anything else?" He asked Alex and Killian. 

"Um... I got in contact with some historical researcher for more information about the incident but nothing came up." Alex said closed the file. "That's it." He slid the file to Ivan.

"Okay." Ivan stayed quiet for a minute and finally looked up. 

"About the meetings with other packs.... yeah we should reject those." Everyone's head snapped to Ivan's in surprise. Lucas chuckled and shook his head. 

"It's always a surprise how much we think alike." Lucas nodded towards him knowingly.

"And why is that? There are packs from the list." William said with disbelief. Everyone was confused by the decision and some even looked like they disagreed with the conclusion. Killian and Alex looked the most upset. 

"Nothing will come out of those meetings since we have nothing to say. Uncertainty won't look good from our pack." Ivan answered.

"But if we reject everyone they'll think we are hiding something which is also not good for the pack." Killian said and some heads nodded.

"If we are rejecting the invitation we should at least hold a few meetings with packs from the list." An Elder commented and William nodded in agreement. 

"If we reject everything, we will appear to be suspicious." William said.

"And some packs will challenge you." Lucas stated and looked at Ivan with a hint of concern. Karter frowned at the statement and his heart was filled with worry.