Prologue (Revised)

Deep in the night, in a creepy street filled with nothing but trees. A black car can be seen slowly trudging its way forward.

"Ma, saan po ba tayo pupunta?  Anong oras na ng gabi." sambit ng isang dalaga sa kanyang ina.

"Just.... somewhere important." Sagot ng ina at kanyang niyakap ang anak. Nanahimik na lamang ang dalaga at kanyang ipinikit ang mga mata.

Tulalang napatingin sa labas ng kotse ang kanyang ina, waring lumilipad ang isip.
Matapos ang ilang oras ay kinausap nito ang kanyang asawa. 

"Hon, we're being followed." Habang patuloy na naka tingin sa labas ng bintana.

"Driver, for how many years have you been working for us?" imbis na sagutin ang asawa ay lumingon ito sa harapan at tinanong ang drayber.

"Thirteen years napo sir." sagot ng drayber.

"Thirteen years.... You've thrown those thirteen long years for this?" mahinhin na sambit ni Xybexiere
"Sir, pasensya na." is the only thing the traitorous driver can say as he accelerated the car to crash unto a nearby tree.

The young lady on the woman's embrace  drowsily woke up as she felt the movement of the car.

"Ma?" she asked as she rubbed her eyes
"Euriya! Take Naeri and jump!" rinig ng dalaga ang sigaw ng kanyang ama.

Agad na nagising ang diwa ni Naeri, nang kanyang tinignan ang harapan ay nakita na lamang nitong malapit nang tumama sa isang puno ang kanilang sinasakyan na kotse, samantalang ang drayber ay tumalon na palabas.

Before she could react, her mother already pulled her shocked daughter in her embrace as she jumped out of the car, while her husband did the same on the other side.

Xybexiere rolled to the ground as he pulled out his gun and started to shoot at their pursuers.

"Naeri! Euriya! I'll buy you guys some time so get out of here! Run!" Xybexiere shouted as he got shot on the shoulder. He reloaded his gun then killed four out of their eight enemies.

Naeri although scared, shocked, and nervous of their current predicament, steeled herself and helped her mother up to run. She saw that Euriya sustained injuries from the jump and had difficulty in walking. Naeri held her mother up with more force.

"Ma! Let's go! We need to run!" she said as she heavily panted. Naeri turned her heels to run while holding Euriya at her side.

Euriya gritted her teeth from the pain as she ran with her daughter. The pair ran for no more than fifteen steps when they heard a gunshot.

Nang tumingin si Naeri sa pinanggalingan ng putok ng baril ay nadapo ang kanyang paningin sa binti ng kanya ng ina, duon ay kanyang nakita ang tama ng baril.

"Ma! Your leg-" hindi pa natapos magsalita ang dalaga ay nagkaruon nanaman ng tama ng baril ang kanyang ina sa kabila nitong binti.
"Ma!" gulat na sigaw ng dalaga.

"Takbo! Anak takbo!" her mother shouted .

And so Naeri ran, she ran with tears streaming down her face. While she ran,
she remembered her phone.
'My phone! How could I forgot about it!?' isip ng dalaga

She pulled her phone out from her pocket then dialed her uncle while running.

"Tito Ellis! Help! May mga humahabol samin!" she immediately shouted as the other side picked up.

"Naeri! What!? Where are you!? Asan ang mama't papa mo?!" Ellis was shock when he heard his niece's plea for help.

"I don't know tito! Everywhere I look, I only see trees! Ah! Cornfield! Tito may nakikita akong cornfield! Three scarecrows!" sigaw ng dalaga ng may nakita itong maisan.

"I know where you guys are! I'm on my way!" agad na sagot ni Ellis bago ibaba ang telepono.

Before Naeri could even celebrate, she heard another gunshot and her father's roar.

"EURIYA!" when she turned back, what Naeri saw was her mother's bloodied body on the ground, unmoving.

She also saw her father running towards his wife as he held her in his embrace, his face full of grief.

Naeri stopped, she stopped and cried.
'Why? Why is this happening?' she painfully thought as she cried even harder.

Perhaps he saw Naeri or perhaps he knew that he doesn't have much time left.

Xybexiere turned his head to Naeri. His face full of blood and tears managed to fork out a slight smile for his crying daughter as he mouthed...

"24216"

Naeri saw her father look at her way, at that moment she saw every move he made in slow mo, she saw his slight smile despite his grief stricken face and the string of numbers he mouthed at her.

But before she could respond, she watched as her father's head was blown into pieces. His head, his brains even the rolling of his eye can be seen on the cold ground. Blood sprinkled like fountain.

"NO! PAPA! NOOO!"