Chapter 32

Chapter 32: One Favor Less, and one more favor.

   5th Epoch. Lenburg Capital-Azshara. August 25, 1349 (Saturday)

         If Horace thought of Heinz as someone odd before, Heinz was now odder when he had shown his true colors to him. A few days since that day he was pulled into something strange yet interesting. Heinz, if that was really what his name was claimed that he can see the future. Horace wouldn't find it strange if he was from the Seer Pathway. And it wasn't also strange considering that he was in a reader pathway if only Heinz was a high sequence Beyonder. Horace has known certain things regarding the reader pathway. It would only be possible for them to divine the future if they were a high sequence.

Heinz was a low sequence of the reader pathway claiming the ability to see the future. Many
beyonders if they heard Heinz would claim is preposterous. But it was different for Horace. Heinz has revealed some important information regarding someone who was close to him and things about their Church.

Horace thought about the possibility of killing him. He also then immediately erased the thought. Mocking himself, it would be impossible under the territory of the Church of God and Knowledge. He was in the capital. The thought was more ridiculous since he knows that he wouldn't be able to bear the repercussions if he ever attempted it. There was a certainty and sureness that Horace knows towards himself that he would fail.

Horace suspected that Heinz was more than a blessed of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom when he considers his ability to see the future and knowledge of certain things. Currently, in his workshop, he stared as Heinz summoned his strange but majestic messenger. Heinz then gives the letter to the strange creature from the spirit world and gives certain orders. He doesn't know who was the recipient of his letters. Horace only knows that the letters were sent to the Feynapotter Kingdom and the Loen Kingdom when he decided his satisfy a little bit of his curiosity and asked Heinz. The latter replied to him and he doesn't ask a question again. Just letting Heinz do things on his workshop under a favor and that Horace wouldn't need to worry about Heinz revealing some things towards the Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom that was about their Church.

" I don't understand you sending a letter to the Loen Kingdom. "

Nor did he understand why did he send a letter to the Feynapotter Kingdom.

Heinz gazes at him after his messenger disappeared. He then replied to Horace's statement.

" I wanted to prevent some things that would happen. "

Horace feels his interest piqued further and also a feeling of disbelief rose within him.

" You wanted to defy fate? "

Horace asked. He feels baffled at Heinz. He knows that Heinz is special and that was just why he was blessed because he can see a glimpse of things in the future at a low sequence level or he already have it before he became a beyonder. It was because of his ability not just being a mere prophecy that he was chosen by his God.

Heinz frowned at him.

" I wouldn't call it 'defying'. The events would still happen. It was dangerous if I let it change. "

Horace knows that Fate isn't easily changed. It was at most impossible except for some things that must be currently beyond his imagination and knowledge.

" The flow would still be the same. I hoped that I would make a loophole and alter some things a little. "

Heinz's gaze made its way into his experimental vessels and materials for his charms.

" That wouldn't be easy. "

" I know. "

Heinz paused before continuing.

" I want to alter the written script and fool the actors and actresses. Including the unrightful author of the play. "

That was oddly specific...Horace thought as he felt a growing sense of alarm inside his mind.

" Hopefully I would stop any of the first steps of the attempt... but I know that it was impossible. I know when not to become too hopeful and greedy. I would focus on other matters. "

Attempt... Written Script... unrightful Author of the play. Horace realize that Heinz was talking about something very important. He stood up from his seat under Heinz's stare.

Heinz must be talking about a sealed artifact.

" Where are you going, Mister Horace? "

" I would write an inquiry to my Grandfather. "

Horace found himself saying. Heinz frowned.

" Wouldn't it better to just ask me? "

" At the cost of 5 favors that you must pay to me in the future? I think not. "

Considering Heinz's ability, Horace thought that he should carefully think of the favors that Heinz owed to him.

" Your grandfather wouldn't be able to know information about what you would ask? "

Horace let out a frustrated sigh.

" How would you know? "

" Simple... It was a very important sealed artifact that was stolen and once belong to the Church of the Evernight Goddess. "

Some pieces of the information. deliberating for a moment. Horace finally relented.

" Tell me the next pieces of information about the incident and the sealed artifact. "

He raises one of his fingers.

" Just one less favor.. "

Heinz nodded and then went to tell him about the interesting and very dangerous sealed Artifact. And also the future attempted descending of an evil God. At the end of the brief tale, Horace felt horrified. If Heinz knows of this shouldn't he inform the Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom or relay the information to the Church of the Evernight Goddess? Then Horace remembered the complicated and power plays that happens between the Orthodox Churches.

" Mister Horace? "

Heinz stared at him with determination on his face.

" One more favor again... I need your help regarding this matter. You should inform your Grandfather about the information. "

Horace stared at Heinz for a few seconds before nodding his head. He knows that an evil god attempting to descend on their world is never going to be good. Through the wonders why is he doing this and meddling with events that would happen in another kingdom?

Horace then smiled at Heinz.

" Deal.. can I ask one of the payments of my favors now? "

He can see Heinz nodding his head warily.

" What it is Mister Horace? "

" Well... if you know some things, would I become successful in my charm experiments? And could you impart some useful advice regarding the charms? "

Heinz stared at him for a few seconds before letting out a slight laugh. Heinz gives him a faint smile on his face.

" How about trying to combine a specific type of charms in certain pathways, Mister Horace? "