Chapter 3

Chapter 3: To become a Beyonder is a dangerous path

      Yareth Castiya was born not out of love with his parents. He was born with a purpose. A plan to cultivate a spare perfect heir. Not for the throne of the Feynapotter Kingdom, but for something more grandiose and superior to the throne.

What do the ordinary masses of the Kingdom of Feynapotter be that the King and Queen of the nation were no ordinary people? They aren't ordinary because they are the royal family or being the wealthiest in the kingdom, but because of something else.

They are no ordinary people. Superior, special and unique. What they can do was 'beyond' the capabilities of ordinary people. They are a rarity among the common folks. A flawless diamond in a pile of trash.

The King and Queen of the Feynapotter Kingdom are no ordinary people. They are a part of this world's secret society of the supernatural. And even among those groups, the king and queen are among the top of those special people.

When they decided their youngest child to be born, they wanted the child to become very special. To follow in their footsteps and become like them.

Yet, as the child was born, their plans for the future and their effort in cultivating the child turned to dust. Their youngest child was born with nothing inherited special from his parents. In a normal case, one of the laws of Beyonder states that the child between two Beyonders are would be born special. A Beyonder– that was supposed to be Yareth Castiya should be.

When he was born, they got nothing but a weak ordinary child with unusual snow-white hair and icy blue eyes. They got blessed with an ordinary child. Plans are derailed and turned into nothing. Disappointment, frustration, and disdain for each other and the result of their current union were what the King and Queen felt.

It was just the pity of one of their children that save the innocent and clueless child. With no name from his parents, he was left in the care of the servants. It was just when he was one-year-old that the child was named by the Crown Prince of the Kingdom.

Yareth grows up yearning for his parent's affection. Wishing that someday he would have the right to eat beside his parents every day.

That wish was still there in his mind. But for now, his priority is to become strong just like his parents, and survive.

He may not become a Beyonder of Justiciar Pathway just like his father. Or become a Beyonder of the Night Emperor Pathway like her mother. But Yareth would become strong and survive. (He deserves his second chance. He deserves to live... Just like his older siblings)

----------------------------

The next few days since the start of the week were spent learning under the tutelage of Levan Septimus. Basic subjects that were many years ahead of what should he learn were their lessons. And learning the Loen Kingdom's language as he suggested.

Yareth worked hard and soaked the information and knowledge like a sponge. Even his mind has supplied how he disdains the long torturous lessons on his past life. Before he sleep, he would go to the palace library to read more books and learn more information.

Yareth wanted to be aware of much useful knowledge. He also wanted to refresh the memories of his past life and hopefully refresh his mind. Eventually, his mind comes to a simple conclusion.

A very obvious conclusion. Follow the rules of this world. Just like the many ordinary people of this world, to become strong and extraordinary, he needs to step forward to the supernatural part of this world.

Become a Beyonder... Just like his parents and older siblings. It was the only way in this world to become strong and survive. Yet if he truly become a Beyonder, he was certain that the danger would come on his way.

Roselle (Or should he say Huang Tao?) have once said that A sequence pathway might very well be a path destined to be crazy and filled with despair. And the path was the only path for humans to gain extraordinary strength. It was laughable and ironic. People strive to save themself, only to destroy themselves in a better way.

The statement and truly a word of wisdom that was genuinely provided by the Emperor was a certain fact of those Beyonders. It was ironic. Yareth can agree to it. But it was better to thread into the danger voluntarily and find a way to become strong than become a weak and helpless someone in a face of danger approaching your way.

But maybe, Yareth has should carefully inform and worded his phrase better towards his tutor. Levan Septimus his one and the only tutor was also Beyonder. A genuine citizen of the Feynapotter Kingdom. Born and raised in the country. But he was also a former student at Lenburg. And still a believer of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom.

" You wanted to what?! "

His tutor was looking at him with shock and panic. His normally tired look was replaced with a very lively expression on his face. It was an expression filled with nervousness, panic, and worry combined into one.

" I decided to become a Beyonder. "

Gareth's expression wavered for a moment. Before he gazes again at his tutor with a firm and determined expression. He expected that his tutor would react to his decision. But he never expected it to become an exaggerated one.

" Why?! "

He stared at his tutor who looks like he was ready to pull out his hair or drag him to somewhere safe. Yareth also remembered one of the important rules of Beyonders. It was times like this that he was thankful for his past life memories. Beyonders are always at risk of losing control of themselves.

" Mister Septimus, you should calm down. "

Yareth grasped one of his tutor's hands and made a soothing motion on it. The move was effective. His tutor was now staring at him and gaining his attention. He was still frowning and looking unsure. But it was an improvement. He doesn't look like he was in panic mode any more.

" ... You are still young to become a Beyonder. "

Levan Septimus muttered quietly. Yareth was certain that wasn't intended to be heard by him.

" My older siblings are already a Beyonder since at a very young age. Younger than my current age. "

Yareth decided to still answer that statement and give an unimpressed look towards his tutor. That resulted in his tutor pulling an indecipherable expression on his face.

Finally, after a few minutes, his tutor decided to question one important thing.

" Did you just inform me of your decision or consult me of the matters regarding the Beyonders? "

Yareth shrugged and replied.

" Both. "

Hopefully, his tutor can give useful advice on which pathway should he take. He was certain of his decision to become a Beyonder. But he doesn't know what pathway should he take. Despite the memories and knowledge from his past life, he was having a hard time deciding on his pathway. Except for the part that he would avoid the pathways that were above the sequence of the Lord of the Mysteries. That pathway was a big NO, NO. Filled with landmines and a bloody path on a silver platter.

There was also the consideration of the pathway of the Western Continent being a different one. He wondered what are the names of those pathways. He died at the time where part two of the Lord of the Mysteries isn't still out. He needs useful advice.