Chapter 13

Chapter 13: New Environment

  5th Epoch. July 2, 1349, Monday, Lenburg Capital. It's been a few days since Yareth donned a disguise and started attending the Academy using the name of Heinz Von Jaeger. Considering the things that happened to him, he found out that adapting to a new environment wasn't easy. But it was more manageable than finding out the world you lived in was based on a fictional work on his previous world and very dangerous.

Currently, Yareth or should we say, Heinz– is attending the Academy of Wisdom and Knowledge as a student in the Secondary Level of Education. No one have blinked an eye when he started attending the learning facility. It wasn't because geniuses in the Academy are like something that you could find and pick up on the ground, but it has more to do with his disguise.

Archbishop Alvis tested on his level of Education before he was enrolled in the Academy. He then deemed it more appropriate for Yareth to Attend the Secondary Level after the results came out.

" It would be considered a waste if we would enroll you on the primary level, Yareth. It would stunt your growth. And that was a thing that we wouldn't do here. Progress and Learning– It is one of the rules of us. It would be an insult to our God if we would waste and let your talent wither. We would grow it and let it bloom to the fullest. We would take care of you. "

After those words, the Beyonder item that let him pull a disguise was given to him. As he donned the disguise of Heinz Von Jaeger, he and his true appearance were different. For one thing, one of his most prominent characteristics is gone. White hair is replaced by a more common color black. And as Heinz, he wasn't a child, but a 15-year-old young man.

It's just been a few days, but as Heinz, Yareth could see that he would integrate himself better in the school compared to his previous life. Heinz managed to leave a good impression on the students. Yareth hoped that it would continue like that. He already has two people that he would pull a casual conversation on free time. Their topic mostly consists of their Academics, gossip about the political state of the Lenburg and the neighborhood countries. It was different from the past life. The memories supplied him with topics about who was the prettiest girl, who was the one with the biggest boobs, bad talking to some of the teachers, discussion about anime, music, and novel recommendations.

All in all, Yareth's school life is doing fine. Sooner or later he would be completely acclimated to the new environment and it would become one of his new routines in life.

Other than the happenings in the Academy, Yareth was getting accustomed to living in the Archbishop's home. He was polite and respectful towards the Archbishop as it should be. Yareth doesn't want to come out rude. He was certain that he would be chastised regarding his manners by Mister Septimus if he have seen him. Yareth thought that the Archbishop doesn't mind being addressed informally. But Yareth doesn't want to call the Archbishop familiarly. He was cautious. Being in a new environment and talking towards one high-level Beyonder and Archbishop of Lenburg.

Yareth knows that the Archbishop has intentions towards him. And the first thought that would come out was the most logical. A political intention. His parents mustn't care much about him, but he was still leverage that has some weight. Mostly, towards the crown prince of Feynapotter Kingdom, Wendell Castiya. He was still a Prince no matter how he didn't care for and was loved by his parents.

Since living in the house of the Archbishop, he was treated well by the servants. It wasn't less on to how the servants back at the castle have attended to his every need. Yareth was still living like a prince in the new environment. Getting him cozy and comfortable, and treated preciously by the orders of the Archbishop. Sooner or later, Yareth was expecting indoctrination, brainwashing, and subtle emotional manipulation.

Archbishop Alvis has been treating him kindly when they interact with each other. Or should he say more fatherly? There was also his attendant Miss Amela. She was kind, caring, and maternal, unlike his real mother.

Yareth could admit that it was so nice being treated with care and kindness. He wanted to indulge in it. But he knows that he couldn't. He wouldn't fall for their scheming to get him attached to them. He wouldn't fall for their dirty tricks. Never.

And today, after his classes, Amela waited for him outside the Academy. She then escorted him back to the manor. Archbishop Alvis wasn't at his home currently. But Yareth was surprised when he found one of the escorts of the Archbishop during the Feynapotter Kingdom was waiting for him at the Archbishop's home.

" I am glad that you are starting to adapt to your new environment and life, Prince Yareth. "

Connor Viltrugis. A sequence 4 Beyonder. One of the members of the elite Beyonder Team Militia of the Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom– The Enlightened Ones.

What is he doing here? It is unusual for Yareth's new routine. One thing was certain that he was here by the orders of the Archbishop.

" Prince Yareth, the Archbishop has deemed that it was now time to introduce you to the workings of the Beyonders. I should be the one who would be in charge of your Education on Beyonders. I would be your guide and teacher. "

Yareth stared at the Beyonder. On all of the things that would happen, this isn't unexpected. But it was still a little surprising.

" Since I would be the one in charge of your education, I think it would be proper if you would be introduced in the lower Militia of the Church– The Minder Owls.   It would be a practical practice for you, little prince. "

   At least, it was not the 'Bookworms'. Yareth thought in his mind. Then it registered to him that he would be probably starting to earn his worth and working for the Church. He doesn't know if he should feel uneasy or excited about the news. It would be helpful. He would start to get practical experiences as a Beyonder. A beneficial thing, if he could only get out on his mind that this is one of the ways of them inducting him to the Church.