Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Paperwork and Comparison

5th Epoch. July 16, 1349. Monday- Lenburg Capital.

It's been 2 weeks since Yareth has first stepped foot on the (SID) Special Investigation Department that was the upfront of the special division of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom Minder Owls. Yareth doesn't expect the happenings that day. And he also thought that it was completely mad and ridiculous to be introduced as the grandson of Archbishop Alvis. It's no wonder that the members of the Minder Owls reacted in various expressions of surprise and shock. Some of them haha even funny looks on their faces and there was also that guy whose face looks like he was having an aneurysm.

Just as the high sequence Beyonder Connor Viltrugis said, he has introduced him to the lower rank Militia of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom. He has also dumped him here and left him to gather and compose himself in this another new environment and routine that he was thrown.

" Heinz, did you already finish arranging the files? "

Yareth shook himself out of his musings when he heard a voice. He glance and saw that it was Miss Abigail. She was a sequence 8 Beyonder of the Reader Pathway. As a response to her question, he passed her the neatly arranged stack of papers.

" Oh, you are already finished. Good job Heinz. With this, I can pass them to Hobbs and have him search for the necessary documents... "

Yareth watched her mutter and leave. Ever since the introduction, he has been delegated to assist Miss Abigail and Mister Hobbs who were deemed as the Poor Paperwork worker number 1 and 2 of the Minder Owls. They are responsible for finding documents, arranging files, and writing reports. And as the newest member, he was tasked with being their assistant and lightening their job.

At first, Miss Abigail and Mister Hobbs have been wary of their actions and treatment towards him just like the rest of the staff when Mister Connor introduces Yareth as the grandson of Archbishop Alvis. But he was glad that they were now comfortable towards him and were on friendly and speaking terms. There was even that one time where they freely share their grievances to him regarding the paperwork and the Captain's lackadaisical and carefree attitude. Most of the members by now were in cordial and speaking terms to him. The Captain after being shocked by the information doesn't seem unfazed and treat him

He can't believe that Archbishop Alvis went along with Mister Connor. The next day after their visit, the Archbishop has given him a copy of a document stating in his background that he was the grandson of Archbishop Alvis.

" It would serve as the failsafe. The other churches can't know that we are keeping the seventh prince of the Feynapotter Kingdom for ourselves. Mostly the Church of Mother Earth can't know it since it will have several political implications. Once someone decided to unearth your upfront identity as a son of a viscount who passed away with his wife in an unfortunate accident.. and has been taken care of by servants for years in the Feynapotter Kingdom.. and decided to study here at Lenburg- They would discover this. You, being my grandson. I hope that you would accept this as another fake identity, Yareth. We just want you to be safe and taken care of properly. "

Another identity, to make him feel closer to the Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom. It wasn't like that Yareth can't reject it since he was already living in another fake identity. And as they have said, it was for his safety. They have been at least truthful despite having hidden intentions.

Despite the rocky start of him being used as a bargaining chip by his parents and knowing that the God of Knowledge and Wisdom agreed to them, so far, they have been nice and accommodating to Yareth.

He was more treated with care here in this place. His living here has been more luxurious than the castle. In this place, he has been treated more like a prince and special to people who were aware of his real identity. In this place, he was free to wander and even talk to other people. He experienced making acquaintances as Heinz Von Jaeger at the Academy of Wisdom and Knowledge. And now, he has a lot of people that he was introduced to.

The Minder Owls was eccentric and unique. It has just been 2 weeks since meeting them, but the 12 of them have been cordial and even invited him to some activities when they have free time. Read books together in their place's library, gossip and conversations over the things that they like, being invited to eat together with them and sometimes, accompanying them around the Lenburg Capital to walk around or buy things that they needed.

It was very different from being cooped and staying mostly in the library or his room in the Feynapotter Kingdom. There were no servants who wouldn't avoid him and treat him harshly. More other people were friendly and warm here unlike there where he only has his tutor and the crown prince who he has met rarely because he always travels and wanders.

In this place, he was living a fake identity. In that place, he always works hard for his parent's affection. And his mother rarely graces him with her smile and praise because he was working hard and making efforts. In the Feynapotter Kingdom, he was always lacking and a disappointment. He was truthful there, but he didn't feel free. He always feels cold and numb in that place.

But here, even he was living a fake life, Yareth feel free and warm. He knows that the Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom has intentions on him. But compared to his parents, Archbishop was so nice to him. When the Archbishop wasn't busy and arrive at his home, he would always greet Yareth with a friendly smile. He would even ask him how his day is going or if he encountered some problems. He was also glad that Yareth has been working hard and making effort in his studies.

Comparing the two of them, it was so different from each other. He knows that it was a ploy. There was still his brother the crown prince and Mister Septimus who cares back there at the Feynapotter Kingdom. Yareth was now even feeling guilty towards this people and place that he would never become a genuine believer of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom. After all, he knows the story. It was hard to view those beings as Gods and Goddesses. What's more, he was an Atheist.

It was a dilemma for Yareth.