Chapter 2

Chapter 2: The black sheep of the royal family

Monday– The year 1349, day 11 and Month of June. 5th Epoch

Sunlight shines on a single lone room towards the farthest corner of the Castiya Castle. A child was sleeping peacefully on a large canopy king-sized bed. He unconsciously frowned on his sleep when the sunlight reached him. Blearily, he opened his eyes. He opened his eyes in confusion before all of it has disappeared. It was replaced with a somber expression as he get up from his bed.

Yareth Castiya's new week has been awful. Discovering that you live in a fictional world that you read in your past was not one of the best experiences.

Going to one of his wardrobes, he undresses his pajama intakes out simple yet stylish clothes before going to the bathroom.

Luxurious pillars and marble tiles. A 'small' pool was already filled with warm water. Yareth grabbed the nearest pail and wet his head with cold water. He shivered as the cold water has managed to take him out of his stupor.

When he dipped himself on the pool, Yareth couldn't help but sigh in relief. His body feel like that it was turning into a puddle. Bathing in a pool of warm water feels nice every morning. He then thought that he should thank the servants later.

While he was bathing, memories of his past life supplied that his current way of life was too luxurious and wasteful compared to his life. Every day, he would bathe in a warm pool of water filled with rose petals, and sometimes, the water would be replaced by milk.

The other part of his himself wanted to scream in frustration for the luxurious and currently hedonistic way of living his life. Yareth thought with amusement. In this second life of his, he was lucky or unlucky that he was born in a family with a very rich and prominent background.

He turned his head down. A young little boy with icy blue eyes and silver-colored hair was staring back at him. Not just in the status department, his current family has also blessed him with their beautiful genes.

Yareth smiled. The little angel in the water smiled back at him. But then the sweet smile was replaced with an ugly grimace. Even he was rich and blessed with good looks, what can it do in a world filled with powerful Gods and Eldritch beings?

The Canon would start soon but here he is, stuck in a weak body of a child.

After bathing, Yareth wore his new clothes for the morning. Hopefully, he would be able to rectify the weak part. He hasn't still had an idea of what he should do in this world and its incoming troubles that were surrounding the dear protagonist of this world. But one thing was certain for him, he wanted to live and survive.

----------------------------

   " Prince Yareth, may I ask why do want to learn to speak the Language of Loen Kingdom? "

Yareth resisted the urge to grimace and waver under the gaze of his one and only tutor. His tutor was Levan Septimus. A man at the age of late twenties. Above-average looks. Black hair with streaks of gray. He was still young but there are already prominent stress lines on his face reducing his attractiveness and appeal to the people. Not just that, he was also a person that looks like pulling out an all-nighter with that visible eye bag on his emerald green eyes.

It's a pity that he wasn't properly taking care of himself. But maybe, it was also his fault why his one and only tutor looks like that. The pressure is big when you are one of the tutors of the children of the King of the Feynapotter Kingdom. There was also an unofficial competition between the tutor from what he heard from the palace maid. It was not very known by the people of the Feynapotter Kingdom, but the youngest and the seventh child was the least favored by the king and queen.

And that 7th child was himself. Yareth Castiya– Resident black sheep of the Castiya Palace. With no servants to accompany him since he was 3 years old. A very minimal interaction from his older siblings and parents.

So it's no wonder that maybe his one and the only tutor was being face slapped by the other tutors because of him.

" My mother has praised me when I started visiting the library and being serious in your lessons, Mister Septimus! "

Yareth pull a bright and pure innocent smile on his face as he answered the question.

" Maybe, if I learned more things, My mother would praise me more! "

Yareth can see his one and only instructor wince for a moment before it was replaced with a look of understanding and smile.

All of what he said from his tutor was the truth. If he didn't just recover the memories of his past life. He would be still a kid who was desperate for attention and praise from his parents. (Yet, a part of him was still like that.)

But, now with memories of his past life and knowledge of the uncertain future of this world, seeking the love of his parents wasn't a priority compared to his survival.

Memories of blood and pain in his heart supplied the deepest part of his mind. He can only feel the chill and fear in his body every time that it comes on the surface. Never would he want to experience death again. Not when he just started his second chance at life and on a very young body.

He wanted to experience what this life has to offer. Even it would be full of madness, fanatic religions, evil cults, and squishy and slimy.... tentacles.

He would survive. And Yareth can only bury the guilty feeling of lying and manipulating his one and only tutor who has shown some care for him since he was 5 years old.

Later, a genuine smile was revealed on his face when his tutor has patted his head for managing to say his very first word in Loen Language.

Him, being born was considered to be a failure by his parents when he didn't become what they wanted to be. Yareth would prove to them that he deserve to live. Letting him live despite being the result of a failure isn't wrong. He would also become better just like his older siblings. Someday.... ( He hoped that his parents would be able to look at him with pride. )