Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Abilities and Ritual Magic

   The Astral World is a strange place. Full of madness and mysteries. The place where the Orthodox Gods currently reside. It was a place filled with abstract symbolism and authority.

If you would describe this place, it was like a world of oil painting canvas, mosaic, and drawings of a small child mish-mash together. A place that was both illogical and frightening.

Within one of the Orthodox Gods was the God of Knowledge and Wisdom. Herabergen suddenly opened his omniscient clear blue eyes. Blood started leaking out of them. Trailing down on his wrinkled and old face along with his long braided white beard.

His pair of clear blue eyes suddenly shone brightly.

Flicker

A vision of disorder and chaos...

Flicker

A vision of the Fool

Flicker

A vision of the 'Worm'

Flicker

A vision of War

Flicker

A vision of 'him'

Flicker

A vision of the sky cracking and Apocalypse looming shortly

Flicker—

A deafening silence.

An everlasting tower.

Someone in a strange set of golden robes and hoods. A pair of glowing eyes. A strange mist was leaking out from its ears and hands. It was not a human. The strange being smiled as it walk closer and closer to him.

Flicker...

Herabergen's vision of the future ended. He started coughing. But it was probably proper to call it hacking out his life out. Blood falls out from his lips.

He unconsciously touched them with his wrinkly old hand. He frowned when he saw the blood.

Crimson...

It was wrong. The blood of humans and mortals. Herabergen shouldn't have them.

What is happening?

His eyes glowed again.

Flicker-

Flicker-

Flicker-

———————

Nothing.

His vision was showing him nothing.

It was impossible.

----------------------------

         5th Epoch
        June 21, 1349–Thursday

    It was a few days since Yareth has become a Beyonder of the White Tower Pathway. The lowest sequence of the pathway, the Reader. The Beyonders of every pathway have different themes to each other. And the sequence has different specialties and capabilities. It was not limited to providing offensive and defensive abilities but it expand along in scope and variety as one advanced among a pathway.

Sequence 9 of the white Tower Pathway... Yareth learned that the Reader has to improve not physically. It didn't grant him strength. But it has improved him mentally. Yareth learned that the Reader Sequence has improved his memory. He thought that it was very useful for him. Since one of the useful things that he possesses and serves as his current weapon was the memories of his past life. He wasn't wrong in choosing the White Tower Pathway.

Other than improved memories. Yareth was also blessed with enhanced learning capabilities and reasoning skills. And finally, the last thing was a surprise for him. He knows that the Beyonders are far from ordinary people. It was the path of Blasphemy to become Gods.

Learning that he can do ritual magic was unexpected. It was true that from the memories, he expected that many supernatural events are happening. His past life was delighted by the prospect. He lives in a world without extraordinary or magical happening previously. They only exist in the tales and images of the people.

But now, there was proof that this world was different from this one. And he has witnessed it personally and not just from the knowledge of reading a book from his past life.

Yet, Yareth also learned that it wasn't also easy to do ritual magic. There are many things that he needed to learn when it comes to ritual magic according to his tutor. One of the most important things was that it was different from the entertainments from his past life where the people can just instantly cast magic. Ritual magic takes a long time. Other than the long time which may take a minute or more than an hour, Ritual magic was centered on ingredients or materials.

According to the lessons of his instructor during the past few days, it was one of the core components of ritual magic. After that was following the proper order of arrangement and procedure of ritual magic. And lastly, the ritual chant.

Yareth hasn't still done any ritual magic. But yesterday, he has witnessed his tutor Levan Septimus do ritual magic. His tutor thought that it was a good thing to witness the procedure himself so that he would grasp it correctly and wouldn't do any mistakes when it was finally his turn.

" Listen, Young Prince. You must not make a mistake in ritual magic. If you are lucky, your ritual magic is a failure and it wouldn't work. And if you are unlucky, your failure of the procedures would change the ritual drastically and there would be consequences. You must not fail. "

Yareth decided to engrain the advice in his mind. It would benefit him in the long run and he has also vague knowledge from the memories of what would happen if he failed.

   Yareth was officially a Beyonder. He was now different from Ordinary People. Yareth has now taken a step forward towards his survival. Yet, he doesn't feel relieved at all. He feels more worried about the future. Within the past days, he still remembered that he had talked to his past self. Yareth thought that people would find it possible to believe. He also would find it unbelievable if not for knowing that he was a Reincarnated Individual or meeting the said past self within his dreams. Occasionally, he would hear 'his' whispers when he was awake.

Different from the murmurs when he drank the potion, the whisper of 'him' didn't make his head hurt or drove him to madness. He helped Yareth to ground himself to reality. And be certain that everything that happened was real. Yareth isn't crazy. Everything is real. The memories aren't hallucinations and delusions that he created so that he can cope with the lack of attention from both of his parents.

The world is real. And the Apocalypse is near. Everything on this world will die if the "Savior" of this world failed.