Chapter 30

Chapter 30: Yareth's Messenger

   Yareth walked on a place that wasn't Yilla. He knows that he was dreaming again. This time, instead of being locked up in a tower and showing scenes of deaths and the future, there was a scene of a glitching mirror in the distance.

As expected. Yareth shouldn't have uttered that mirror's name. Most in the cases of this world, once you said a name or a word of a special or higher being of existence, they would discover you.

Sighing, Yareth walks toward the glitching mirror. Eventually, he arrived.

[ You're not 'Him'. ]

There were words written on its surface on dragonese.

" of course, I am not. Mr. Mirror "

[ Who are you? Why I can't see your future? ]

Yareth paused before saying.

" .. I am afraid that I can't tell you the full truth, Mr. Mirror. "

[ I have made a false assumption. You're not 'Him'. I sense something unusual about you. ]

Yareth felt that Arrodes was disappointed because 'He' wasn't what he was waiting for. Yareth resists the urge to tell Arrodes that he knows where is the exact location of Mr. Fool.

" Would you like to visit me again sometimes Mr. Mirror and be my friend? "

Yareth asked Arrodes.

[ You know things about me. I wouldn't answer your questions. ]

Yareth smiled at that. Considering his knowledge, he was satisfied with what he had. He wouldn't forcefully ask someone for more. He just thought that being locked up in the church of the God of Steam and Machinery in Backlund was detrimental for Arrodes. And he felt sad for what would happen in the future for Mr. Mirror. To go through something like that...

" I don't need them Mr. Mirror. You could visit me here in my dreams if you want. I would willingly play truth or dare with you. But please just don't ask me about dangerous questions and dare. "

Yareth waited for an answer. Arrodes glitched before he disappeared completely from his dream. Yareth held back his disappointment. He decided to stare at his hand which still belongs to him before he was pulled to Yilla.

Yohan has been planning things on what they could and couldn't do.

-------------------

5th Epoch. Lenburg Capital-Azshara. August 23, 1349 (Thursday)

  Yareth is currently on Mister Horace's workshop in the academy. It was silent, dark, and spacious. There is no one in the vicinity except Mister Horace who stood outside in the front of the door of his workshop. Yareth felt guilty for causing distress to Mister Horace. But saying the name of Arrodes was his best bet to convince Mister Horace to do him a favor. What Yohan has suspected is true. He was right that Mister Horace and the Archbishop in the Backlund Horamick Haydn are related to each other. It was a relief for both him and Yohan that Mister Horace was aware of the existence of Arrodes back in the church in Backlund. Maybe, because Horamick and he are related to each other. Or he has visited the Church of the God of Steam and Machinery at Backlund.

Yareth shook his head out of his musings. He have just a limited time to enact what he needed to do now. Time is running out. And this is just one of the first steps that he needed. Mister Horace was outside of the door just in case that someone– like the Minder Owls or in the worse case, Mister Connor decided to visit them at this time.

On the ground within one of the corners of Mister Horace's workshop stood a common altar and one candle. Some herbs and oils were placed on the altar. Yareth took a deep breath and coughed as he accidentally inhaled the scent of the herbs and oil. He scrunched up his face. He decided to adjust himself for a few seconds. Yareth felt nervous about what would he do. But it is needed for Yohan's plan to proceed. Yareth then lit up the one candle that was placed on the altar and took a step back.

" I! "

Instead of ancient Hermes, Yareth said those words in elvish.

" I summon in my name "

This time it was dragonese.

" The spirit that wanders through the unfounded,... "

Now it was in Jotun.

" The creature who was loyal and just,.. "

Ancient Hermes.

" The creature whose willing to become my messenger.

And Hermes.

After saying the incantation, Yareth hoped that it hasn't messed up. What was Yohan was thinking when he told him to chant it in different languages? And what is also with those strange descriptions? As he was waiting, the surroundings suddenly became covered in smoke and the smell of ashes.

clop

It was a sharp and hollow sound. A horse hoof striking a pavement. Anxiousness and different emotions are what Yareth felt, he waited for the smoke to disperse. The figure of the creature that he summoned was revealed.

Contrary to his guess, the creature wasn't a horse. The hooves don't belong to a horse but an ox. It has a tail of the lion that was releasing a small wisp of flame, antlers of a deer, skin, and scales of a fish, and finally, the creature has a head of a dragon.

It was an amalgamation of animal characteristics. Yareth can compare it to the chimera of his past life memories. Except, it wasn't accurate to describe it as a Chimera.

It then released a sound. It didn't neigh but the sound was comparable to a tinklings chimes. It was a sound that Yareth liked. The creature was also colorful as its scales was exhibiting a jewel-like brilliance.

Slowly, Yareth stepped forward towards the creature. He raises his hand hesitantly.

" May I? "

It made a chiming sound again and lowered its head. Yareth guessed that it was permission. He then proceeds to caress the creature's head carefully and gently. To his surprise, the creature started rubbing its head to him while also trying to avoid hurting him with its short antlers at the same time. The creature was slightly smaller than him. Yareth thought that it was maybe a child of its kind.

" Would you like to become my messenger? "

It rubbed its head further. So, he guess that it agreed to its question. Yareth smiled slightly. Not just because he was lucky that the creature he summoned was friendly and oddly adorable but also because Yohan could finally proceed on his plan.