Part Three - Chapter 57

"Everyone ready to go?" Steve asks as the team crowds the living room.

"Be safe guys. I want you all to come home in one goddamn piece, got it?" Tony declares as the team snickers.

"We got it dad." Sam teases.

"Alright, let's go." Steve announces as Peter and Tony watch us climb aboard the jet that'll fly us out to the museum.

"Okay, let's go over the plan." Steve says as the jet lifts off the ground and begins the voyage.

"There's a van parked on the opposite side of road to the museum that Tony's taken care of. There's computers and our tech obviously so I need someone in the van. Jimmy, I'm assigning you to this."

"You got it Cap." Jimmy nods.

"Clint, I need you on the roof of the building across from the museum. I need eyes on the area and you're perfect for this. If you notice any strange behavior around, report back."

"Copy that." Clint agrees.

"Now, the museum is pretty large, there's different sections of the building that will need to be covered. I wanna get in and get out as quick as possible. I want everyone to be alert and focused. We have no idea what to expect so stay together."

"Evelyn, I want you, Riley, and Sam to take the west wing of the building. Nat and Bucky, I want you guys in the east wing. Wanda, you and I will be in the south wing. Everyone has their positions, now we just wait until we arrive." Steve declares before he breaks off from the group to check on the time of arrive.

"He seems tense." I break the silence as I take a seat beside Bucky.

"I think the last mission got to him a bit." Bucky says as he throws his arm over my shoulder, allowing me to snuggle up to his side.

"I don't blame him." I scoff as I lay my head on Bucky's shoulder, my face buried in his neck.

"I'm sorry angel." Bucky apologizes as he kisses the top of my head while I wrap an arm around his middle.

"If you scare me like that again I'll kill you for real." I promise as Bucky chuckles.

"I'll keep that in mind babydoll."

___

"Everyone in position?" Steve asks through the comms as the team stands outside the museum entrance.

"Locked down." Clint replies as he sets up on the roof of the building opposite to the museum.

"Cameras are in place." Jimmy confirms from the van.

"Okay, let's go." Steve says and they enter the museum with quiet steps.

Steve and Bucky, both being super soldiers, pick up on a distant ticking sound thanks to their advanced hearing. They both glance at one another to check if the other is hearing the noise too. They quickly notice the old grandfather clock leaning against the wall at the back of the long room.

Bucky's stance visibly relaxes and he lets his guard somewhat down. He's on edge since the last mission almost landed him his name on a gravestone. He can't bear the thought of leaving his doll alone in the world without saying parting words to her.