Part Three - Chapter 56

"We're back!" I shout as Bucky and I enter the compound with large shopping bags with various store names on the fronts.

"Good timing, dinner's almost here." Wanda calls back.

"Here?" Bucky repeats.

"Yeah, we got Chinese. Steve ordered for the both of you. He got your usual orders."

"Sounds good, I'm starving."

"The food should be here any minute." Sam pipes up from the couch, his eyes glued to the tv.

"Let me go bring these bags upstairs and then we'll get the table ready." I say.

"Damn Barnes, you sugar daddying her or something?" Natasha snickers as she eyes the multiple bags in Bucky's hands, a row of them lined on his metal arm.

"I told him some of the prices were crazy and that all this was totally unnecessary." I sigh.

"And I said get whatever you wanted doll."

"You guys planning a fun night?" Sam smirks when he spots the Victoria's Secret bag.

"He wouldn't let me pay a single penny for any of it." I add, ignoring Sam's comment.

"Rogers!" Natasha shouts suddenly, prompting the blond soldier to hurry into the room thinking there's an important issue.

"What's wrong?" Steve demands.

"Why don't you sugar daddy me?"

"Seriously Nat?" Steve sighs as his hands go to his hips.

"Bucky let me take some of the bags." I offer but Bucky doesn't let go of them.

"I got it doll."

"Just let me carry some, they're all my shit anyway." I insist but Bucky remains stubborn.

"You think I'm gonna make you carry your own bags?" Bucky asks as his lips curl into an amused smile.

"You already payed a fortune for me, just let me take some."

"What kinda boyfriend would I be if I didn't spoil my girl like a queen?" Bucky grins with shining eyes.

"You're so extra." I shake me head laughing.

"Only for you doll." Bucky replies in a cheesy tone.

"Go upstairs already!" Sam groans loudly in annoyance.

I stick my tongue out at Sam but walk up the steps nonetheless, Bucky trailing behind me.

"Thank you." I smile as Bucky gently places all the bags on my bed.

"Anytime angel." Bucky smiles as he begins unpacking the bags, emptying the smaller bag with all my new makeup first.

I watch with pure adoration as Bucky carefully carries the brand new makeup over to my extravagant vanity and sets it all down on the beautiful counter. He opens the small drawers of the vanity and organizes the new makeup into its rightful place.

I smile to myself as I turn back to the bags and begin working to empty a bag of my own as Bucky walks back over to help. I pull out a pile of elegant clothing from one of the many bags and wander over to my closet to put them away.

___

With her back to Bucky, Evelyn doesn't notice how he quickly grabs a small box from one of the bags and pockets the black case. Completely clueless, she walks back over to continue the job.

___

I can't stop the butterflies from forming in my stomach as Bucky pulls out the lingerie set from the Victoria's Secret bag. He carefully folds the delicate fabric and places it into my dresser.