Part One - Chapter 4

Bucky groaned in pain as he slowly sat up and pressed a hand to the back of his head. He struggled to stand up as he scanned the room. The room in question was a disaster. Almost everything in it was knocked over, things were broken, there was glass scattering the floor, and the door was broken. Bucky's heart skipped a beat when his eyes landed on a bloody knife and a bunch of memories hit him at once.

"Oh god no!" He panicked as he slowly realized what he had done.

He hurried out of the room and froze when he saw puddles of blood splattered on the marble floor. Bucky's breathing became heavy as he followed the pools of blood through the halls. His guilt and fear only grew as he continued to follow the blood splatters that were slowly getting bigger and bigger with every couple steps. His stomach was twisting and clenching up with fear of what he would find.

A wave of terror washed over him when he saw a bloody handprint on the side of the wall. He continued to follow the trail of blood until he came to the top of a staircase. His heart stopped and his eyes widened with horror when he saw her laying on her side at the bottom of the stairs.

"EVELYN!" Bucky screamed as he practically flew down the stairs.

Bucky dropped to his knees beside her with tears in his eyes as his shaky hands gently rolled her onto her back. There was a huge tear in her dress and blood soaked her entire abdomen. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was becoming more shallow with every passing minute. It was a miracle she was even breathing at all.

"Oh god, no no no! Evelyn!" Bucky sobbed as he held her close to him while he tried to stop the bleeding, "Come on doll, stay with me!" Bucky shouted when her chest rose and fell, but did not rise again. Bucky's tears were dripping off his cheeks and onto her face as he held her to him while he continued to sob and beg for her to breathe.

"Bucky?" Steve asked quietly as he stared at Evelyn's motionless body cradled in Bucky's arms.

Bucky looked up at Steve with tears in his eyes as Tony, Natasha, Wanda, and Pietro came in behind Steve. Natasha covered her mouth with her hand as she gasped softly.

"I-I couldn't control it and I-I..." Bucky cried as he put his forehead against Evelyn's.

Wanda slowly walked over to Evelyn's body and took one of her listless hands in hers as she stared at Bucky with pity. He carefully laid Evelyn on the marble floor as a red mist surrounded her. Slowly, the huge puddle of blood surrounding her transferred back into her body as the large stab wound in her abdomen closed up.

Once she was healed, Wanda hesitated before placing her hand on Evelyn's forehead and closing her eyes again. After a few seconds, Wanda's face contorted with fear, pain, shock, and terror. Wanda dropped her hand with a gasp as her eyes went wide...

__________

"Wanda! Hello, earth to Wanda!" I exclaim as I wave a hand in her face.

"What?" Wanda asks confused as she blinks repeatedly.

"You spaced out, where'd you go?" I ask as she looks around my room with disoriented eyes.

"I'll talk to you later, I need some air." She replies as she quickly leaves my room.

"That was weird." I mumble as I set the picture she had given me on my dresser.

___

"Pietro?" Wanda asks as she walks into his room.