Part Two - Chapter 34

"Oh god." Eve rolls her eyes as the prison guards walk her into a space that resembles an interrogation room. "Oh great, you." She says sarcastically when her gaze falls on John Walker who sits in one of the metal chairs.

The guards chain Eve to the metal table, forcing her to sit in the chair opposite John with the table between them.

"You've killed more than fifty people, what do you have to say for yourself?" John asks.

"...Oops?"

"Why'd you do it?" John demands.

"I was feeling spontaneous."

"Enough with the sarcasm, answer my damn questions!" John shouts as he stands abruptly, his chair scraping across the floor. "If you don't start talking soon, I'll kill you." John threatens.

"That's a little harsh don't you think?"

"Why'd you kill them?!" John shouts as he slams his hands on the table.

Eve bursts out laughing. "I'm sorry," she shakes her while giggling, "It's just...you look really stupid when you're trying to be intimidating."

"...Put her in isolation." John says calmly to the guards.

"Finally, some peace and quiet." Eve smiles at John as the guards escort her out of the room.

The smile doesn't leave her face, not even when John is no longer in her eyesight. Five guards walk with the woman, two behind her, one in front, and one on either side. They walk her down a hall of cells with prisoners scattered throughout. A few of them snicker and howl, whistling as Eve walks past their cells. She waves to them, her chains rattling with the movement.

They turn down the halls until the guards stop with Eve in front of a cell isolated from the rest. The cell is concrete behind steel, including the door, giving Eve a lesser chance of escaping. The guards shove her into the dark room and force her to sit in the middle of it where heavy thick chains are drilled into the floor secured with metal plates. Eve sits calmly, crossing her legs and putting her hands in her lap as two of the guards undo her cuffs while the other two stare her down with loaded guns.

Eve doesn't so much as flinch while the guards close the heavy cuffs around her wrists. They do the same to her ankles. Then they approach her with the collar of cold steel with a chain drilled to the concrete floor like the rest of her restraints. Only when the guard comes into her line of view with that thick steel collar does she jolt alive.

She scrambles to her feet, her movements limited from the chains. The guard holding the collar is unfortunate to be close enough for Eve to wrap one of her chains around his neck. The other men lurch into action. One of them striking Eve across the face as the other two free their friend from her hold. She cries out as they shove her down, her face against the cold floor. They hold her down, a knee on her back, hands pinning down her wrists, a hand on the back of her head. She screams and thrashes as the guard atop her closes the steel collar around her throat.

The men fall back, stepping away from the woman as she behaves like a cornered feral animal. Still screaming, she claws at the collar, marking her skin red and raw in the process. Her nails scrape against the cold metal, blood welling in the crevices of her nail beds. One of the men take her jaw in his hold, gripping her face tightly as he spits in her face. She snarls, baring her teeth and locking her jaw on his hand. The man howls in pain, cursing loudly as his friend yanks Eve's hair hard enough to get her to release the hand between her teeth. She spits out blood and flesh as the guard holds his bleeding hand close to his chest.

"Should put a fucking bullet in your head. You're nothing more than a crazy bitch who deserves to be put down like a dog." The guard sneers as he leaves the room.