Part Two - Chapter 35

"You ready princess?" Zemo smiles as Eve takes his hand.

"Of course." She smirks as he helps her into the expensive car.

"Bring him back alive please." Zemo says.

"I always do." Eve defends.

"The last person you brought to me was missing a head." Zemo replies flatly.

"That was an accident."

"Mhm," Zemo rolls his eyes, "Go, kill anyone that gets in your way."

"Gladly." She smiles as she speeds off in the vintage car.

___

Eve pulls into the parking lot of the large company Zemo assigned her to and steps out of the car. Dressed in the outfit Zemo gifted her for the mission, she grabs her purse and walks into the building.

Eve pulls open the large glass door of the law firm, her heels clicking against the tiled floor as she walks up to the woman at the front desk.

"Hi, I'm here for the interview." Eve smiles sweetly as she rests her hands on the desk.

"Yes, please have a seat over there." The woman replies without looking up and gestures to the seating area.

"You here for the interview too?" A man asks who's sitting on one of the sofas.

"Yes." Eve smiles kindly at the man as she takes a seat opposite him.

"Hey, have you heard the news about the Crimson Assassin lately?" A woman sitting near the man asks.

"Yes and I don't believe it." The man replies which makes Eve tilt her head in question.

"What don't you believe?" The woman asks.

"I don't believe there's actually an assassin running rampant through the U.S. I mean seriously, a young girl killing people? It's the government, they're to blame." The man answers matter a factly.

"How do you not believe in her?" The woman asks in disbelief.

"Because it's not probable." The man responds as Eve chuckles softly, making the man and woman turn their attention to her.

"Whether you believe in me or not, I'll still continue to exist." Eve says with a smirk as both their eyes widen. "Don't worry, I'm not here for you." Eve adds as she digs through her purse.

"What are y—" The woman is silenced with a single shot to the head, Eve's gun silent as the bullet leaves the small handgun.

She turns to the man who's staring at her with fear, "It's nothing personal, it's just that I don't particularly like you." She smiles before pulling the trigger, the bullet going straight through his head.

She puts the silenced gun back into her purse and pulls out a napkin, wiping the blood off her cheek.

"You wouldn't have gotten the position anyway." She says as she walks out of the sitting room and heads for the interview office.

Eve smiles as she throws open the doors of the office.

"Excuse me, we're in the middle of an interview." A rude man in his early thirties says.

"Ma'am if you're here for the interview you'll have to wait in the sitting room like everyone else. I have two more people to interview before you." The man who's Eve's target adds.

"Actually they left." She replies.

"This is extremely unprofessional!" The rude man shouts.

"You're extremely annoying." Eve says.