Forty

Zhan suggests the others to evacuate the chamber scrutinizing your uneasy state. Too many voices can possibly confuse you and may end up worsening your health, he mulls over and deems it better only King to be around you. He has spent the most time with you, whether before the incident or even after that. This now becomes a critical situation, whether you lose your memory or carries it, depends profusely on the some further moments. Contemplating the gravity and fragility of the moment, Zhan perceives it better to accompany Wen Qing and Namjoon outside the chamber.

Behind the closed doors, Taehyung's heart pounds obnoxiously and for a moment he feels as if his heart is located in his ear instead of rib-cage. The sweat droplets pepper his forehead, his restlessness multiplying by seconds. His hands are sweating yet it doesn't refrain him to keep holding your hand which is gripping onto his tighter than ever. Your earlier tightly pressed eyes begin to flutter, curving the corners of his lips upwards.

"YN-ah..." His voice softens at the end. The ruby lips of his smiling his sweetest smile, the one that he flashes only to you. Eyes slowly opening, your gaze firstly land on the pair of alluring lips that you immediately recognize, then that small pointed nose and the pair of those enticing brown eyes, everything is exactly the one you earlier witnessed in that dream-alike state. You blink twice yet it doesn't disappear, neither that pretty smile of his nor does his handsome face. The numbness in your body doesn't allow you to touch that face of his and prove the reality to your mind.

His adoration filled eyes are locked with yours, making up for the time he couldn't admire those beautiful orbs of yours with his.

"Tae..."

Your voice comes out as a tiny chiming whisper. He still hears it since he's practically leaning over you, face inches away from yours. Tears clouding in the back of his eyes, he nods with a sniffle. You try to lift your head and sit upright which your body is quick to deny sternly.

"Ah hajima."

"Water..."

You let out a quiet squeak. He nods and grabs a hold of the tumbler placed nearby on the nightstand. Your head on his chest, his left arm wrapped around your shoulder, he helps you drink the water and places the empty tumbler back once you're done. You snuggle close to him, moving as much as your body allows you. It felt like ages since you've been this close to him. His virile lavender scent grants you a blissful satisfaction. Noticing you relaxing in his embrace, he negotiates the need to lay you back on the mattress.

His right hand cups your jawline, concerned, he asks "Are you feeling better? Tell me if anything hurts." Once you shake your head, he plants a peck on your forehead and retrieves his hand. You go back to closing your eyes and lean your head back on his manly chest.

Rain keeps pouring in the serenity of night which as soon as he notices, the feeling of restless settles in his heart once more. For some inexplicable reason, this rain doesn't give him that nice feeling of a wonderful weather. You are in his arms, awake and alive, he feels contented by the thought and brushes off all others. Meanwhile you can't help but wonder over the reason behind his silence. You let out no words either yet as the bothersome peace in the room becomes unbearable and you doubt whether he's awake or not, you crane your head upwards and catch a great sight of his side profile. Staring dreamily at a particular spot, he is fully awake. Your gaze trails off to where his lies and falls on the water droplets running down the window panes.

Wen Qing later turns up with a porridge bowl. Zhan could sense everything went well for Taehyung to stay in the room for so long. Deeming it better to visit you afterwards, Namjoon leaves to write a letter to Seokjin. The Kim couple last visited a month ago. Zhan leaves for bed while Wen Qing soon joins after delivering the porridge.