Thirty-three

"Wang stop."

A couple of words resonate and all the heads swiftly turns around, wondering who imbecile has courage to intervene in sacred royal ceremony. Several ugly shades are thrown in your direction. The hall breaks down into endless whispers. King's former wife whom he locked up has come to stop his wedding. Such a rare sight. Hanyo nearly jumps out of her skin. Your sight almost paralyzes her. She's nearly at her wits' end. She wouldn't have shared her plan with you if she knew you'd appear out of where.

"Don't drink that. It's poisoned." You let out heavy pants for you had to run a long way here. Soyeon is about to rush towards you but Seokjin grabs her wrist. Taehyung minutely observes your figure without a word. Pale, skinnier and morbid. Those big dark circles under your eyes were too hard not to notice. Whereas the lady before him turns white-faced. Her legs become jelly and hands go clammy. She regains her posture before anyone can notice and composes, "Peha she's blabbering complete nonsense. She just wants to stop our marriage." Turning towards the guards, she points at you and wrathfully spits her command, "Throw her back in her cell." As guards charge towards you, taehyung raises his hand and the menials stop dead in their tracks.

"What are you doing peha? Are you really believing her? She killed your grandmother." Irritated, Hanyo spits out harsh words without a second thought and seems satisfied with her words, watching his eyes darken.

Taehyung turns towards Hanyo, he calmly speaks, "I remember everything Hanyo, who deceived me and killed my halmeoni." And for one second, Hanyo doubts that King is aware of the truth but her suspicion doesn't last long when he reaches out to hold her hands in his and passes her a small smile with words, "And I'm absolutely not believing her." Seokjin nearly feels himself puking up at the cheesy sight.

Extending the bowl of stew soup towards you, he sternly proclaims, "YN, you've five minutes to prove what you earlier said. If you prove to be right, I'll let you go but if it's just a show-up to meddle in wedding, the dark wing awaits you." Hanyo smirks proudly.

Without a second thought, you pace towards him and after snatching the bowl from his hands, chug its contents down. Hanyo internally smiles. No one would die instantly after drinking the soup. It's the same poison she has earlier used on his grandmother. She planned to kill Taehyung after marriage, or to be precise after becoming the slytherins' queen but only if she knew...

Your eyes flicker close and your body collapses. Bowl falls from your hands and shatters into crumbs on meeting the surface. Taehyung is quick to grasp you before you hit the ground. He pats your cheeks in iterative manner. Kim couple rushes towards you. As all the spotlight is solely focusing on you, Hanyo takes it as her chance and slowly backpedals, distancing herself from the crowd. Her luck betrays her especially when she needs it the most. She tries to make a run but Seokjin notices her leaving and shouts out aloud.

"Don't let her run."

And guards tackle her in the nick of time.

On the other hand, your feeble body jolts up with a cough and in the following seconds, milky white foamy liquid comes spilling out from your mouth hauling him into a funk.

"VEDIC. NOW."

Vedic rubs your right hand and Taehyung rubs your left one while a maiden assists Soyeon in rubbing your feet. Seokjin and Namjoon stand nearby. Your body has gone cold. Lips tinted in the shades of morbid blue, your heart rate continuously depletes. Vedic has forced some potions down your throat to prevent poison from spreading in entire body but it hasn't bring any outcome so far.

"The poison was taken empty stomach. We might not be able to save her." Vedic disappointingly informs looking at your motionless unconscious frame, continuing to rub your hands as an attempt to bestow some warmth to your icy-frost body.