Twenty-six

Not deeming teleporting to be a great idea since you are new at it and teleporting for the second time in the same day can bring you some serious health toil, he hails a carriage to retrieve to Busan which bids a bittersweet farewell to the last of your coins not that you care. This trip has granted you a lot of time to cherish with taehyung and you wish to use it in making it up to him, to close the distance between two or you and build a stronger relationship.

After admiring his side profile for a while, you drop your head on his shoulder feeling yourself startlingly enveloped by the mighty urge of rest when a wide yawn sneaks out your lips audible enough to have his attention.

"You can have a little rest YN. It'll be morning by the time we arrive." He offers and the way your name rolls off his tongue so sweetly makes you feel things at the very pit of your stomach. You feel yours eyelids grow heavier by each following second compelling you to compile and let them fall shut on his shoulder. Soon, you sense his arm wrap around your shoulder, scooting you closer and that's all you notice before the mother sleep cradles you in her arms drifting you off to a deep slumber.

Even though he's exhausted from the events before, he can't sleep. It has been always like this. Sleep comes to him like a long distance friend who stays only for a short while. Usually his body would collapse into sleep after a couple of tiring sleepless days or frequently, after a week. His health haven't often been that well due to his cruel insomnia but he, being the king he's, doesn't let his stern and ruthless facade fade away, secreting his morbidity so well.

As the night falls deeper in the background and voice of cicadas resonate loudly in the serenity of panorama, you snuggle closer hugging his waist like your life depends on it. This stretches his tightly pressed line lips into a subtle smile. Resting his head on yours, he shifts you inches closer to him, eliminating even the slightest space evident between your bodies. The warmth flowing from your body to his, sets his nerves at peace while relaxing his tense muscles. He slowly closes his eyes, his mind devoid of any thought of his realm or of any other matter. And for that short while, he knew he was at peace, a peace that would eventually put him to sleep too but only if he knew luck isn't is in favour.

The carrier begins to move abruptly, all thanks to the bumpy rugged village road. Right after couple of minutes, as he feels the carrier inclining through your side, he immediately pulls you closer in his embrace through your head perfectly aware of forthcoming events. As he anticipated, the carrier falls down through your side and he succeeds in protecting you, at the sake of hurting his hand in the process.

Outside the carrier, its owner who has his knee scratched in all such commontion, straightens up from the ground whincing in pain, and opens the carriage door and help outside the couple inside muttering thousand apologies in a single breath.

Assisted by the old man, Taehyung finds his way out of the fallen carriage scooping you in his arms, darting agitated glares at the latter making him shrink in fear.

"If I find a single scratch on her, I'll skin you alive." Taehyung grits at him, making the poor old man even more terrified before softly glancing at your fast asleep figure to detect any bruises.

"I'm so sorry mister. Please forgive me. The road was full of bumps." The man bows iteratively, apologising, trembling with fright. Compared to the younger, he was frail and infirm. Getting beaten by a young yet strong lad in the middle of the night with no one nearby to help him is the last thing he'd desire.

"You can even take this back. I won't charge a single penny from you." With this, the man quickly fishes out the coins from his pocket and hands it back to the younger.

"Now where I'm suppose to find another carriage?" Taehyung yells, casting him deadly stares causing the elder to flinch.

"Please go straight mister. The next village is half an hour walk away, you'll find another carriage there." Not daring to meet his furious gaze, the man bows again and replies.