Twenty-one

As you kneel down, all the bunnies scurry up to you and gather around your short hunched up figure. The creatures who are claimed to be timid and are seen scampering off within minutes of spotting a human presence would fearlessly play and hope around you as if you are one of them but owning a human body.

Within couple of seconds of you out stretching your pellet filled palm, you are left with nothing, each piece has been acquired. A soft chuckle escapes your lips watching the tiny adorable creatures hastily picking up their food and savouring it moments later after which the bunch of grey rabbits seem to enjoy their heads being gently and tenderly caressed by your soft palms so do you.

The coal red sun shamelessly peeks from the horizon, painting neon blue in the faint hues of yellow-orange with shades of crimson red, summoning twilight and signalling his departure along which is mere couple of minutes away. The blowing breeze sways trees from side to side and flirts with the green hued grass of the royal orchard.

Brushing past against your exposed arms, the frost wind causes you to shudder, notifying you regarding the surroundings which has initiated to be conquered by the chilly evening. With the last pat on their furry smooth heads, you bide the creatures goodbye and after they disappear inside their respective burrows, rise up from the grass with some leaves sticking on your long gown which the maidservants beside you don't waste time to remove.

"I would prefer some seclusion." As soon as you order, complying with a bow, they walk out of the imperial orchard. You stay there to have a little stroll. Eyes glued to the neon blue which is startlingly and steadily being coated with the hues of the following night, you turn wise place you feet forth, leading them guide your way. A presence behind you, your mind informs you but you don't bother to turn back assenting it to be a servant who might be watering or looking after the orchard. The sky seems to be more fascinating than the presence at your back so without offering it any heed, you gaze at the infinite pitch black expanse now littered with bazillion glimmering stars now which apprises that it has been long since you are here.

On taking the next step, a whince parts your lips, and bestows a stinging sensation in your right feet. Drops of crimson colored liquid fall on the grassy ground compelling you to stoop down to withdraw whatsoever has pierced your epidermis. In a swift motion, a hand grabs your bare feet, slightly lifts it up, causing you to place your hand on the shoulder of the man who has knelt down before you and seconds later, pulls the thorn out before you could do that by yourself.

"On the behalf of this minuscule prickle, I apologise for hurting such a beautiful lady." He rises up and throws away the thorn grasped between his index finger and thumb. He's a royal, you become sure of that, observing his elegant clothes and ethereal appearance.

"May I know who you are." You state, as calmly as possible with hesitation evident in your voice maybe because you've not witness this unbelievably alluring human being before in the castle.

"The eldest prince of Gwangsan Kim clan, the King of the neighbouring kingdoms and elder brother of your husband, Kim Namjoon. It's my pleasure to meet the Slytherin Empress." He gently holds your left hand and bringing it closer to his lips, presses a soft kiss to the back of your palm, intently staring at you with an enchanting smile that bore couple of dimples into his heavenly pale cheeks adding to his already effortlessly supernal visuals.

"I'm glad too." You form a gentle smile, greeting him back.

"Halmeoni wishes to see you. We should head back queen."  He proposes receiving a approval nod from you.

Under the moonlight that makes your side profile glow, he gazes at you, his orbs gleaming with a warm and lovely expression which remains away from your sight as your eyes gloat at the way ahead. He has never met such a down-to-earth queen and that really have rendered him enthralled. If he recall, he has returned back from his capital after a long span of time to pay a visit to his only alive guardian, his halmeoni who chose to live here, with taehyung, her youngest and the most favourite grandson instead of living with him, the eldest.

Right after he met her, she ordered a servant to summon you but he took over the duty excusing that he hadn't met the slytherin empress yet. As the servants notified him about you being in the orchard, he made his way there but chose to stay silent and secretly admired your graceful and gorgeous frame, strolling, staring at the neon blue along.

"I'll leave you two alone. I need to meet King. I heard he was busy in court before." Namjoon informes and takes his leave. Today's court was special. You've heard rumours flying through the whole castle about this court but never bothered to acknowledge what it's really about not that you cared about any of the royal matters before.

Stepping inside her chamber, you spot her resting on rocking chair, nearby the open window.

"You called for me." You softly squeak and kneel down before her, clutching her hands in yours, diverting her all attention on yourself.

"Before you get to know this from anyone else in the castle, I want to tell you." She begins, fondly smiling at you.

"What's it halmeoni?!" You question, puzzled at her words. Your mind goes blank, owning no single surmise of what she might have to say.

"A day ago when king called you in dark wing, you saw two persons tied there." You manage to nod, your hairs perking up at the mention of that horrible place, bringing back all the frightening memories which you have managed to escape for a while.

"They were the ones who killed you parents."

"I know."

"But not because king told them. They killed them for their own benefit using king's name. King didn't tell them to torture or kill your parents so that they may sell you to him." She explains briefly.

"In Today's court, the prostitutes of their tavern revealed the whole truth." Adds she, after inhaling deeply.

"I can't believe it." You whisper out, press your left cheek against her lap, letting a tear escape your left eye, your fragile heart not being able to accept the huge truth served to you.

"I know kid. It's hard but believe me. Why would king marry you if he wanted to buy you? Wouldn't you be recruited as his servant? And if he wanted to marry you, he would straightforwardly have asked your parents." She continues, gently stroking your wavy black locks. You ponder over her words. Her every word sounds exactly right. Not even once you've been treated like a servant or let be his personal toy and no one buys a girl to marry her or make her the queen of a grand empire when thousands of girl are longing to receive this opportunity.

In between your sobs, with a shaky voice you manage to ask, "But out of all the girls of the village. Why only me?"

"Because the king has met you before." Her words compell you to rise up your head and lift your gaze to meet her's affectionate one. She nods affirming the truth of her words.

"But when? I don't remember meeting him halmeoni." Follows your instant question which she replies with the words,

"You surely have queen but for details you must have to ask king. I don't think I'm the right person to tell you that."

_____________________

I think I just ruined the chapter.

Well I'm too excited to share the whole storyline.

Spoiler : Hansung

Vote?! Yes pls do if you enjoy the story.
Comment?! Pls pls❤