Thirty-nine

Taehyung gazes out of the window. The duo has sheltered themselves in a empty cottage as the weather turned ruthless. The raindrops pour fiercely, against the rugged ground, against the sheds, against the roofs of tin and tarpaulin, as if endeavouring to awake every being and compell them to listen its cry of pain. He finds himself in distress, apparently something is not right. Immediately the thought of you strike past his nerves and an upheaval climaxes us in his heart and mind. Nonetheless the downpour continues drastically without any sign of disappearance any soon. Morever the thundering, roaring clouds and cruel lightening striking in the pitch black dark sky don't ease him either.

He looks back at his companion. Zhan looks calm and quiet, leisurely laid on the ground, supporting himself on one of his elbow and relishing the warmth radiated by the smoldering firewoods. In contrast, Taehyung has this feeling of something-not-right swallowing his insides. He saunters back to sit across the latter and mindlessly gapes at the red hot coal.

His short lived trance shatters when Zhan grabs a hold of the tongs he earlier found from the cottage and shoves aside the coal, revealing something Taehyung doesn't own a mere clue of or that's what he perceives by the hideous look of it.

"What's that?"

"What?" Zhan looks up at the oblivious king and adds, "Sweet potatoes. Don't tell me you haven't seen them." Of course he has, and a lot. Well obviously not like this, boiling and peeling on his own since being the king he's, he's served the utlimate edible part.

"Here, peel it by yourself." Zhan hands him one and he mistakes in receiving through his bare hands. As the intense hot sweet potato burns his skin, he lets out a whince dropping the piece on the ground.

"Don't drop this." Zhan admonishes, extending another piece in his direction. He couldn't buy much, ran out of money.

Taehyung nods and employs his long sleeves to hold the sweet potato instead. With whinces every now and then and subconscious retrieval of his fingers everytime he feels his skin burn, he eventually succeeds in peeling the very first sweet potato by himself. The inner part resembles the one he's accustomed to eat. The aroma also feels pleasant to his nostrils. Feeling relieved, without any second thought he digs his teeth and draws a large bite, his fingers smeared with the black ash that he soon ends up getting on his cheeks somehow.

Savouring his share while watching the king, Zhan mentally chuckles to himself. This Slytherin King isn't surely the one whom people badmouth to be barbaric.

With the fragrance of the damped soil, the voice created by the wind rushing through the trees and the water droplets pattering against the ground in the background, the duo munches on silently and even if for a short while, Taehyung finds himself subsiding from any another thought and concentrating only on the yellow edible in his hands.

***

Despite of the heavy downpour knocking over the windows of your room, the only voices that resonate in your eardrums are different. Mind in a thick-honeyed state, body froze in at a single spot, that familiar slivery voice set your nerves on fire and mind in distress. You recognise that voice, yet couldn't quite dig out the owner of it from your memory. It feels like as if you are unable to move, glued to a place and somewhere far away, a person is calling out for you. You've been feeling this way for a long time. The voices were barely audible before but now they echoed in your eardrums all the time.

You hear them, each one of them, quite well. It's not a single kind of voice, there are male, female, heavy, deep, soft, many sorts of, but they all tell you the same thing, to wake up, to open your eyes, to talk and smile to them. Perplexion clouds your memory. Who are these people? Why they are telling you so? It's pitch black all around. No one is visible anywhere yet these voices won't let go off you. They might shut for a short while but will end up retrieving you back in their clutches. Well it was the only thing unless your nerves started to take account of human touch. The honeyed bathe skin pressing onto yours, the long slender fingers coming to intertwine with yours and the plush lips pressing on your forehead, lips and neck. You recognise those lips. You are sure you do however the owner still lies somewhere in the hidden section of your mind.

Oh how bad you want to remember all those people constantly calling for you and many times even shedding tears. As the darkness slowly fades away by inches, you envisage them, standing metres away from you. You squint your eyes trying to clear in every blurry face and this makes your body hyped. The more you compell yourself to focus, the more vigour your body demands. And you give in. The instant breakdown of the hormones floods through your body and your fingers move desperately reaching out to touch the figure which is still quite blurry.

Eyes tightly pressed together, tense folds form on the forehead as your head slightly shakes from the side to side.

Before your body may explode, you feel that heavenly touch, a warm skin pressing against yours, soothing your restless nerves.

Your breathing calms down and chest rises in normal cadence. Slowly the folds on your forehead ease and in further seconds, vanish completely. Your head stops moving so does your fingers.

Your body ceases all of its motion as if getting what it was craving for. Soon your vision falls on a pair of ruby lips and immediately you know these are the ones that have been caressing your skin passionately. Your gaze trails from his lips to his small pointed nose and then to his pair of uneven monolided beautiful brown eyes.

And in that particular second, everything rushes back to you with such an unbearable deadly intensity that your eyes fall instantly open on their own and the first thing they fall on are the same pair of ruby lips...

______

📍1046 words; Aug 2, 2021; 11:25 pm
📍It's not that big but I'm pretty satisfied by this chapter.
📍To be honest, I feel insecure about this story like Is it perhaps getting boring?
📍YN was asleep for a quite while and I included other scenes like Zhan and taehyung solving village matters and all. So please tell me guys Does that makes the story boring?
📍I really need your words.
📍Because if I think it's getting boring, I might end up writing half of what I've originally planned.
📍I needed to get this off my chest...