Thirty-five

As rims are pulled, steed halts his steps seconds later, resonating the panorama with screeching voice of his feet grazing past against the rugged ground. Taehyung disembarks and inhales a deep sigh as the endless expanse of the green evident on the other side of the wire fence materialises before him.

The orange-yellow sun burns like a hot fire ball in the sky. Beads of sweat pepper his forehead that he's quick to wipe away with his sleeve. He gulps his own saliva endearing to moisturise his throat that's drier than a desert. As the burning sun forms tense folds on his perspirated forehead, he promptly roams his gaze around, for conformation of the place.

Shangri moutains, he quietly read the words inscribed on the nearby stone and turning to his horse, bids him farewell with the words, "Wait for me here." He gently caresses the creature's head. In response the steed lowers down his head as if bowing in acquisition.

With that, he steps inside the dark forest and doesn't look back ever again. Tall thick trees blocks the sunlight, forestalling it to intervene the murky surroundings of the forest to such extent that anyone can easily get lost and accidently walk around in circles in the dark maze of the shangri mountains. Taehyung walks straight hoping that he's on the right way. Rough, uneven rocky surface doesn't make the rigorous journey any better. Eyes fixed ahead, neck straight, chin up and forehead glistening with determination, taehyung steps further into the forest without a second thought.

"He lives in a shrine." He repeats the vedic's words under his breathe, eyes desperately seeking the mentioned place. He paces ahead but all he receives are myriad scratches gifted by the thorny bushes as if they were welcoming him. But even if he has to put his own life for the sake of yours, he won't hesitate even a tiny bit.

The pitch black swaying over the place doesn't let him know how much it's been since he's here but the time a flag comes in his sight and eventually he succeeds in sneaking out of the forest, the glow of twilight surrounds the panorama. As glee takes over his nerves, he can't bring himself to bother about his soiled torn clothes, and the blood seeping out from very places from his body. If anything that matters in this moment is you, and only you.

A small triumphant smile floating on his lips, he brisks his steps into the direction of the shrine. Supported on four pillars, a canopy stood metres away from him. In the middle of it, he settles himself on his knees and rests his hand on them. Wearily gasps exhales from his lips. Evening breeze soaks his sweat, granting him a little comfort as he looks around for the one he's supposed to meet here.

Soon, a young lady clad in a black hanfu comes in sight, her face immaculately covered by the sheer long black veil dangling from the edge of her wooden hat. Taehyung notices her treading in his direction and awaits her. Be patient. He draws deep breathes and pacifies himself rememebering the words Vedic uttered to him before leaving the castle.

Flashback -

Taehyung practically storms towards the queen chamber. Watching the queen motionlessly laid on the bed mullifies him a little but the anxiety doesn't go away. The Vedic sitting nearby her morbid frame, rises up noticing the king and bows in reverence.

"How was surgery? When will she wake up?" He heard from Namjoon that surgery met its success which has enlightened a ray of hope in him but the melancholic facial expressions of the veteran vedic once again stirs up his soul with restlessness.

"How was surgery?" He has to raise his voice making the latter flinch back a little. Words stuck in throat, lips stitched together, the reluctance to answer exhibits well on her face yet she hesitantly begins, "The surgery went well."

Taehyung doesn't wait for anymore words and snaps at her, "then why isn't she waking up?" These days were one hell of a roller coaster for him to the point he wished if he could replace you in your unconscious state and lay on that bed for even it takes forever.