twenty-two

Slowly my eyes flutter open to meet closed eyes

Slowly my eyes flutter open to meet closed eyes. I bite my bottom lip gently as a smile spreads onto my lips looking at a sleeping Alycia. I couldn't move now, besides I didn't want too. Not if it meant waking her up and not seeing her rest. It's been a long week for all of us. A good rest is always needed and I'm surprised I even got any. No nightmares. Just sleep.

I break from my thoughts when I feel the bed move and hear tiny noises escapes from Alycia before I see her eyes fluttering open. My smile remains admiring her as her eyes peak open then close again, a small smile beginning to spread on her lips.

"Are you watching me sleep?" She asks, her voice hoarse and a whisper.

I bite my lip and shrug. "Maybe," I respond back in a whisper seeing her smile grow a bit more. My smile does too as her eyes begin to open up. There I'm met with her beautiful green colored eyes. "Hey."

"Hey..." her voice trails and she gently shakes her head. "You going to watch me sleep all the time or?"

A soft chuckle escapes my lips as I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know. Probably not-" I pause a moment moving a bit then continuing. "I just so happened to wake up and you were right there, sleeping peacefully. I didn't want to wake you."

"Hm fair enough." Silence fills the air, but it's a comfortable silence. A good silence as I watch Alycia's eyes look back and forth between mine. That's when I feel my arm raise and my hand reach up, gently cupping her cheek in my hand, allowing my thumb to soothingly rub back and forth. "We should probably get up."

I nod my head up and down but neither of us move for a moment. Both of our eyes stay locked on one another till I feel her hand reach up and wrap around my wrist beginning to pull my hand off of her cheek gently. I nod and watch as she goes to get up, that's when my eyes look past her and to the clock. I shake my head and swiftly reach over wrapping my arm around her pulling her back hearing a chuckle escape her lips.

"Y/N-"

"Lay back down," I say as she glances over her shoulder. "It's only 7. No one has to know we're awake yet." Alycia tilts her head and looks down at me. I look up to her, a smile on my lips feeling every ounce of my body in pain and shaking from the amount of anxiety I had right now.

"Really?" Alycia's voice goes low and I nod my head up and down, looking back and forth between her eyes. Alycia bites her bottom lip and slides down into the bed. I lift my arm up a bit and Alycia faces away from me, but gently scoot's back, her body up against mine. I close my eyes and pull myself a bit closer, placing my arm back around her. Her arm lays there against mine and I open up my eyes feeling her fingers interlock with my own. "Is this okay?" The girl breathes out and I bite my lip gently.

"Yeah..." I let my voice trail. "Is this okay for you?" I see her head nod up and down slowly. "If anything was bothering you or anything you know you can talk to me right?"