nineteen

Alycia remains silent and I open my eyes turning my head slowly to find Gale eyeing Alycia before he walks back around to me

Alycia remains silent and I open my eyes turning my head slowly to find Gale eyeing Alycia before he walks back around to me. "I'll be back in a little. Give you some time to rest that precious face and so you can speak with your lover," Gale says looking back and forth between my eyes. I roll my eyes though as he just smirks and turns away. Him along with two guards exit the room leaving Alycia and I alone.

"Alycia, you—you okay?" I ask, my voice gentle and low.

"I'm pretty sure I should be asking you that," Alycia responds as I shake my head from side to side, a small smile forming on my lips.

"I'm okay," I say. "Nothing I can't handle."

"Are you sure? I can't see your eyes to tell whether or not you're lying," Alycia whispers, my small smile remaining on my lips as I close my eyes.

"I don't think you really want to see me right now," I say truthfully. "But we need to focus on getting out of here."

"Yeah... But how?"

I stay quiet a moment, opening my eyes to look at the ground. "I have no idea..." My voice trails as I feel Alycia's hands move before feeling her whole hand interlock with mine. I close my eyes once more and sink my teeth into my bottom lip. Silence fills the air and I open my eyes back up, letting them roam where we are. It was an empty room we had down where the cells were. I'm not even sure why we had it put in like this. I'm not even sure why we had cells put in.

I take in a deep breathe and let it out slowly after a couple seconds.

"Y/N?" Alycia's voice is low and shaky. I turn my head as much as I can, rubbing my thumb back and forth on the side of the girl's hand. "Why is he doing this?"

I bite my lip. "I don't know Leesh," I respond shaking my head. "But I may have an idea. It's a long shot but I need you to trust me."

"I trust you."

"No, I need you to really trust me and promise me to go along with whatever I say," I say, swallowing the saliva that's built up in my mouth.

"Y/N, I trust you," Alycia says more clearly and slowly. I nod and bite my lip.

"Good... Whatever I say to him about you, don't believe anything I say except for I do want to protect you. Everything else is a lie."

"What do you mean?" There's a slight confusion and panic in the girl's voice but I shake my head and squeeze her hand gently.

"Please... just trust me. I know it's a bit confusing but—but play along. Okay?" Silence falls between us. I couldn't see her face. I wanted too, but in this situation I couldn't. I lick my lips and give it a second more before I squeeze her hand again. "Kangaroo?"