eighteen

"Seriously? You're putting him above your own child!" My father shouts, causing me to flinch

"I am not!" My mother shouts. Both of them stand face to face, toe to toe as I stay hidden under the bed. "I would never put anyone about my child! But you know that I have a job to do. This job makes me money, makes us money!"

"That's the thing! You're making money yes, but I know you're hooking up with your asshole of a boss!" I close my eyes and drop my head, placing my hands over my ears to try and block them out but they keep screaming. "What does he have that I don't have? A nice suit? Money?"

"You know damn well money has nothing to do with anything in why-"

"Why what? Why you slept with him over and over again instead of coming home? Instead of picking up your daughter from school? Instead of paying attention to your daughter who's expelled might I add! Or the fact she was at the police department for underage drinking!"

"That is not on me James!"

"Isn't it?" My father gets louder and I press my hands, that are cupped over my ears tighter together. "It's on both of us! She's acting out because of us Nellie! You're off with your boss! I hurt her because I was pissed off at you! And then we're screaming and yelling every fucking night!"

A sigh escapes my lips as I quickly uncup my hands from my ears and slide out from underneath the bed making as much noise as I could. When I get up to my feet, I pick up my head and lock eyes with both my father and mother who looked concerned, worried that I was in their room. I clench my jaw and shake my head as my father takes a step forward.

"Kid, what happened to your eye?" My father asks and I shake my head from side to side keeping my lips closed. My eyes flick back and forth between the two of them before looking away and walking towards my father. "Y/N-" I feel his fingers go to grab my arm to stop me but I move swiftly away and walk right past him. Both of their eyes lingered on me as I walked to the door. But as soon as I turned to the right I heard my mother mumble the f bomb as I kept walking.

Slowly, my eyes begin to flutter open. I slightly move feeling my head ringing and aching before I feel a hand on my upper back gently shaking me. I squeeze my eyes together tightly before forcing them open but immediately forget it. The light is bright but at the same time dim. A faint voice speaks but I can't hear whom it is. I close my eyes again and slowly turn over feeling the hand gently follow before I feel the hand on my cheek.

"Y/N? Y/N?" A concerned voice spoke causing me to clench my jaw and slowly open my eyes again finally locking eyes with green eyes.