six

"Shit!" I exclaim pulling my hands away as the radio blows, burning me

"Shit!" I exclaim pulling my hands away as the radio blows, burning me. I shake my hand, keeping my eyes on the table I'm sat at looking at the radio that just blew up. "Whoever had this did a shitty job of trying to fix it." I roll my eyes looking at my hand seeing a burn mark forming. "Great."

"Y/N?" A voice spoke from the door with a couple knocks. I tear my eyes from my hand and to the door to find Lily. "Can we talk?"

"Hey, yeah come on in," I respond, watching the girl nod and walk into the room while pulling the door closed with her. I tear my eyes from her as she walks over and move the radios out of the way a bit. As I do I can see Lily sits down in front of me. "What's going on? You okay?"

"I'm fine. Are you?" I tilt my head until the young girl points to my hand. I follow, glancing down seeing a burn mark getting worse. Swiftly I place my other hand over top of the mark.

"It's just a scratch- What's going on though for you to shut the door?" I glance to the closed door briefly then look back to the blue eyed girl.

"We're really safe here right?" Worry filled the girl's eyes causing my face to soften. I nod my head slowly looking back and forth between the girl's eyes.

"Lily we're safe. I promise. Like I said in the conference room earlier, a lot of us have been trained in combat and with weapons. If anyone gets in, we'll protect you."

Lily nods her head, dropping it. "Tessa and I were checking out the rest of the state. The whole state is on lockdown Y/N... We also seen videos of what—what was happening." I close my eyes for a moment before opening and looking at Lily. I reach over and gently place my hand on top of her's.

"You don't need to be watching that. Leave it to us-"

"But I want to help," Lily cuts me off and I nod my head slowly.

"I know. There's other ways for you to help though. I don't want you to worry about what's being done. This world can be very cruel and you're still so young Lily-" I pause a moment as the girl locks our eyes. "You're safe. We've got you. I've got you."

A small side smile slides onto the girl's lips. I gently squeeze her hand and then pull away, placing it back over top of my burn mark. A silence fills the air between us for a couple seconds before the girl shifts in her seat and reaches into her pocket. I watch as she pulls a note out and sets it on the table, sliding it towards me.

"What's this?" I ask, pulling my hands back off of the table eyeing the note.

"Daisy wrote it... for you," Lily informs me. I look between her and the note confused. "She wrote it 2 weeks before... She said if anything ever happened to her I should give you this."