five

"

"...Five. Six. Seven..." I count, rummaging through a box of old radios we had stored. I tilt my head to the side confused, counting again, but just end up with the same number. "Seven... Seven? Why the hell are there seven? There should be 10-"

"Ten what?" A familiar voice asks causing me to jump and turn around swiftly. I lean up against the table that's connected to the wall meeting Alycia's eyes.

"Alycia. How long—You been standing there long?" I ask back in response pushing myself up from the desks. Alycia pushes herself off and away from the doorway, walking into the room a bit shaking her head.

"Not long. Long enough to hear you counting," Alycia says walking towards me. She walks past me and stands. My eyes follow her, seeing her glance into the box while her hands push down against the table.

"Right. How'd you find me?"

"I believe her name was Ducky... She pointed me in this general direction," Alycia responds her eyes still looking in the box. "Why are you counting radios in a computer room?"

A chuckle escapes my lips leaning back against the desk, crossing my arms over my chest. That's when the girl turns her head, our eyes locking.

"This is a computer/mechanic room-" I pause glancing to the box of radios. "And now I have to fix those."

"So was your favorite character Raven?" Alycia turns around in her position and leans against the desk like me. A chuckle escapes my lips as I tear my eyes from the girl shaking my head.

"Bold of you to assume I watched The 100, but no. Raven wasn't my favorite. Lexa was." I pick my head up looking to the girl to see her smiling, her teeth showing a bit. I smile back softly looking away from her and to the ground. Silence fills the space between us and fills through the room for a couple of moments. I reach up my hand and scratch the back of my neck before dropping my arms from across my chest.

I push myself up and take a step away from where we stand. My eyes lock with the girl's as she looks down to the ground then back up to me.

"You have a good talk with Lily and Tessa?" I ask, shifting back and forth a bit.

"Yeah, they're really nice."

"Says the person who meets tons of crazed fans." Alycia's smile turns into her lips forming an 'o' but still smiling. A smirk inches to my lips as Alycia closes her lips and rolls her eyes.

"First of all rude-" Alycia pauses and a smug look crosses my face briefly as I shrug.

"You know I'm right," I say before she can speak again. Alycia shakes her head from side to side fast, pushing her body up keeping her arms over her chest.