three

"Everyone is to remain in doors! The military have put up barriers and are standing guard as we get this message to everyone

"Everyone is to remain in doors! The military have put up barriers and are standing guard as we get this message to everyone. This is not a drill!" The lady on the news spoke as video of the military stand around at all exits of the tiny city we're currently in. My eyes just watched everything go down. None of us spoke. All of our eyes were glued to the tv probably, most likely confused as to what the hell was actually going on. Why are we on lockdown?

It's not long after that the news goes off. The main screen goes into static causing the whole room to go completely silent. I look away from the screen, glancing to everyone before my eyes settle on Ducky. She looked scared but rose and broke our eye contact. Her eyes looked around to everyone, looking to each and every single person individually until she claps her hands together multiple times, getting everyone's attention.

"Let's all meet in the conference room," Ducky spoke, her voice hoarse. Everyone nods and begins to stand. I stay where I am feeling a hand on my back. My head turns and the hand from my back drops. I met Rovvie's eyes noticing a small smile appearing on his lips. He nods briefly then turns on his heels following everyone else. A deep yet low sigh escapes my mouth before I slowly make my way behind everyone else.

Inside the conference room everyone began whispering among themselves while sitting down around the long oval table. I walk past everyone, unzipping my jacket and taking it off. I place it on the back of my chair before taking a seat. Once I sit down and lean back the whispers I was hearing vanished. I pick my head up briefly meeting everyone's eyes. I lick my lips and shake my head, cupping my hands together.

"I know we're all a little scared right now-" I pause a moment, scanning over everyone's eyes. "But we're going to be fine. We have somewhere to stay. We have food, games, everything we need to survive."

"What's going on exactly?" Lily questions. My eyes go to the young girl as she sits with her knees pulled up to her chest. But all I can do is shake my head not having an answer for her.

"All we know is the military put our city on lockdown," Billy speaks, my eyes going to him. "We're not going to know much else until we're informed on anything else."

"Don't you have connections though?" Gale asks, leaning up in his chair. "Your brother was well known, can't you call up some of his buddies?"

"Yeah...Let me give some people a call," Billy says pulling out his phone and standing. He looks towards me and I nod my head at him. He nods back heading for the door and exiting. I look away and back to everyone else.

"Alright. Now that we've got that situation rolling we should address another-" Ducky pauses and I can see several people nodding their head.