Chapter 28

Author's pov

"If I tell, then Jungkook would kill her himself." Seokjin said.

"Who died?" Jungkook asked, sternly.

"Your sister, Ara." Seokjin said. 

Everybody was shocked. Jina was shocked too. She never knew that her friend died for her. Her best friend died for her. Jungkook felt his heart getting heavy. It was too much for him to take in. His sister was dead.

"S-She's dead?" Jungkook asked, trying to hold back his tears.

"Yes. Now, don't you want to kill her?" Seokjin asked, as he took the blade from Jina's chest to her chin.

"NO!" Jungkook shouted. Seokjin was shocked. He didn't expect an answer like that from him. Especially after hearing that she died for Jina.

"Jungkook-''

"Stop talking! I don't want to kill her. She didn't do anything. All this while I thought that my sister left me because she didn't love me. I was okay with it because I thought that she found happiness in leaving me. Her happiness was more important to me. And you know something, Jeonha SEOKJIN, I'm proud of my sister. When I entered this palace as a young boy, I said that I would give my life to protect the kingdom and the princess. Ara was my sister and she was my everything. I'm proud that my sister died for Jina. I'm proud that I have a very good sister. I'm proud to have a sister who has proved herself of being a true warrior by dying to save Jina. I'm proud of her. What more would a brother want?" Jungkook said, wiping his tears.

'Jungkook....' Jina thought.

"There's no need of killing her. You don't get anything by killing her." Jungkook said.

"I DO GET TO LIVE IF I KILL HER!" Seokjin shouted. Everyone looked at the king, confused. "I'm dying, Jungkook. I'm dying. The priest told me that the only way was to kill her if I had to live. I will die just like how appa died if she doesn't die."

"APPA DIED BECAUSE HE WAS AN ALCOHOLIC." Jungkook shouted. Seokjin's eyes squinted as he heard this. "He would've died either way if he killed Jina too. He died because of drinking too much. He kept drinking and drinking. There is a cure for everything. The priest will say whatever he wants and go because he gets more money if he tells something like that."

"You wanna cure then I can cure you. There is a golden flower up in the hills and it's a very rare kind. It can cure you. You don't need to kill my sister for your life even when you're going to die if you kill her." Kyuhyun said. Jina didn't know what to do. Seokjin didn't know what to do too. His eyes softened slowly.

"You don't need to kill her. I know that inside your heart you still love her. You still do. I know that.... Hyung." Jungkook said.

Seokjin felt tears form in his eyes. He still kept the sword against her neck. Jina just laid down, doing nothing. Tears brimmed her eyes too. She was about to say something until when Seokjin said "Yes... I still do love her. I still do. That's why I don't have the courage to kill her. I don't. But... what if whatever the priest said was true?"

"It isn't." A voice said from behind. Everybody turned their heads towards the doors. A young man was standing in front of them, holding a priest by his collar. The priest looked scared. Beads of sweat filled his face with fear. Jungkook and Taehyung called out slowly "Yoongi hyung...."

"Wait, how did you escape? I locked you up in the cell." Seokjin asked.

"Of course, I picked the lock." Yoongi said. "You think I would stay in a cell for like 2 weeks?"