Chapter 22

Jungkook's pov

"My prince...." She said.

Wait... what? Who? A prince?

"Daebi-mama... who is this prince?" I asked.

"I can't tell. Just stitch up my wound."

"Okay, Daebi-mama." I was stitching up her wound and every time I pierced the needle through her skin, she would squeeze my hand. I felt bad for her. She was hurt very badly. I wanted to know who did this to her and kill that person.

"Daebi-mama... what happened? Who did this to you?" I asked.

"Call Kyuhyun in." She said. I nodded and bit off the extra thread with my teeth after stitching her wound up. I called Kyuhyun in. She ran into the room and I closed the door. She sat on the ground in front of her and said "Eonni...." Tears brimmed Kyuhyun's eyes.

"Kyuhyun-ah..."

"Eonni, who did this to you? Where did you go? You never come back like this."

"I-Kyuhyun..." The queen took out something from her pocket. It looked shiny. She handed it over to her sister. Kyuhyun examined it and said "This is.... Eomm'a ring. How did you get this and why are you giving it to me?"

"Jimin gave it to me."

"You met Jimin oppa? That means you went to meet Jimin oppa. Why didn't you take me with you? It's been a really long time since I met him. The last time I met him was when he came for the festival that happened when you became queen."

"Someone had to take my place for some time. That's why I couldn't take you with me."

"So, how's he? And, how did he get eomma's ring?"

"Kyuhyun-ah..." I could see her voice get heavy.

"Eonni, what's wrong?" She asked, cupping her cheek. "Eonni, tell me what's going on." The queen burst into tears. I couldn't understand anything. "Eonni, eonni, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"Jimin..."

"Yes, Jimin oppa. What happened to him?"

"He's dead." She cried out.

He died?

"Dead? How did he die, eonni? Explain to me everything." Kyuhyun demanded. The queen explained everything. She told about Jimin asking to be her queen and she telling him that she was not yet ready and about the war. She also explained to us about a war with Jeonha Chul and her cutting off his head and leaving Jeonha Jimin's people in Jeonha Namjoon's kingdom. Everything was starting to make sense.

"Jimin oppa... died in the war?" Kyuhyun asked. Her voice was getting heavy. The queen nodded. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE ME WITH YOU?"

"Kyuhyun-''

"Enough, eonni. I've had enough. Every time when there's an attack or a war, you don't let me fight. You go there out all alone and fight while I sit in a corner and just worry about you. What do you think of me? Do you think that I'm weak?"

"Kyuhyun, I-''

"Did you know that I practice every day early in the morning? I practice to be a warrior. I practice all the time. I work hard and I don't get to be on the battleground. When you can fight, why can't I? Why can't I, eonni? Tell me!"

"Kyuhyun, I'm proud of you. I'm proud that you're practicing every day just to be a warrior. I have seen you practice. But I can't let you fight."

"WHY, EONNI? WHY?"

"Because I have to protect you. You are more important to me. I don't want you to get yourself killed. I have to protect you. It's my responsibility to do so. I'm doing everything to keep you safe."