Chapter 12: The Arsonist

Start from the beginning

She told me that she would return. I hoped that she won't give me her cash because I didn't act for that. Still, it was a great chance to investigate her real name.

"M-Ma'am Carsel is a nice teacher... I wonder what her real name is..?" I asked myself, letting the entire faculty staff heard it.

Their whispers echoed throughout the room. Based on their expressions, it looked like they also didn't know.

"I'm also curious about it, Miss Myle Arjera." I searched for that voice. She just escaped the teacher's crowd, no wonder I couldn't recognize her.

"Ma'am Janis..!"

"Yoohoo~ It seems that we're investigating the same thing."

"Same..?"

Our homeroom teacher's vibes were kind of different. Moreover, she was investigating?

"Kana Rinsel. You're expecting that name, right? Unfortunately, our copy of her resume was missing... Ha, I wonder who hired that woman..?"

"Er... Is it alright for me to know that?"

"You're already involved enough, right?" I only had a hunch but her gaze tells me... that a big person was in front of me.

"Yes..."

Suddenly, she glared at the door. "Well then, Myle, don't forget your homework!" She stepped away, waving her left hand.

"Y-yes, ma'am..."

At that moment, Ma'am Carsel had already returned.

"Young lady, please take this money."

"A-ah! Thank you for your kindness... but it's alright. I-I can just contact my brother..."

"Your brothah, I see." Her accent reminded me of that voice. Still, I had no proof...

She guided me out of the faculty room. Thankfully, I remembered that my brother was relaxing at home. I bet he's watching a sci-fi movie at the moment. Probably while munching.

Ein's POV

Boom.

"WOAH!!!" I jumped out of joy.

The rebels, which were the protagonist of this sci-fi movie, burnt down the house of their government. "MUAHAHAHA! Now, you have nowhere to go!"

Lying back on the sofa, I grabbed the popcorn on the table and started munching. Note, while grinning. "Being alone is the best!"

Myle's POV

"Chores, my foot..."

"What's wrong, young lady?" she asked, pulling the doorknob.

"I-It's nothing, ma'am!"

She kept on calling me young lady so I couldn't compare her voice. I wished that she would try to call me Miss Arjera or Miss Myle Arjera.

Right after we got out, there was this fellow who hurriedly approached me. Without knowing what might happen, I broke out in a cold sweat.
"H-hey... I didn't know that you'll visit, Zou."

"Myle, I already heard from my brother."

"I-Is that so?" I said.

The timing was so off. If she was the arsonist, it might leak that I still had a connection with Kyou. If not, then much better.

I needed to control the situation. I didn't want to be pessimistic but if our connections were exposed, there's a high chance that they'll abduct or threaten me. Or, that's what I was told.