twenty eight

"Dinner is ready." Sarah opened the door without knocking. I sighed as I told her so many times to knock. "Oh hey, JJ. Didn't know you're here. Are you joining us?" Sarah asked JJ while gave me the 'i told you' look. "Yeah, he's joining for dinner because mom invited him." I said before JJ can replied to Sarah. "Well then. See you both downstairs." Sarah said and gave me a wink before she shut the door back. "What was that?" JJ asked, looking at me as we both were about to exit my room. "Nothing." I shrugged, trying to keep the fact that I like him.

"Ah yes. JJ, come." Mom welcomed JJ and I to the table as we sat beside each other while Sarah and Rafe were opposite us. I can feel Rafe was staring at us the whole time. "Thank you for taking care of y/n, JJ. I don't know how to pay for all the times you've spent staying with her." Mom said. That sounds a bit extra. Moms am I right? "Y/n is very important to me." JJ said, as he puts his hand on mine which was on the table and everyone can see it.

I looked at Sarah who was smirking, looking at me. I didn't want to pull my hand away from JJ's. "So are you guys like together now?" Wheezie's questioned that made Rafe glared at me. Hoping I will disagree with it. I didn't responded instead JJ gave Wheezie a playful smile that made everyone questioned about us. "You both look so good with each other." Rose added and JJ and I looked at each other, exchanging smiles and laughs. "I agree." Sarah nodded. "Did anyone noticed me sitting here or I'm suddenly invisible?" Rafe finally opened his mouth after a while being silent.

The table suddenly went silent. I rolled my eyes at him while he was staring at me. "That was great Mom, Rose." I broke the silence by giving a compliment. "Yes, best dinner I had so far." JJ wiped his mouth. "Of course, you're a pogue. You eat trash." Rafe scoffed that almost made JJ act up. I put my hand on JJ's thigh, gesturing that its alright. "Rafe, you were better when you're silent." I snapped and he gave me a disbelief look. "Burn." Sarah and Wheezie fist bumped.

After the dinner, I helped Sarah clean the kitchen while everyone was at the living room. "You and JJ huh?" She smiled while leaning on the counter. "We're just friends, Sarah. How many times I tell you that." I shook my head while wiping the counter and Sarah moved her hand off it. "Oh bullshit y/n. Friends doesn't look at each other like that." Sarah said. I sighed before telling her the about earlier. "I realised it. I am in love with him. But in the same time I'm still not sure. Is it really my feelings towards him or I just need someone after what happened you know?" I said, joining her at the counter.

"Girlie. You're in love. Trust me. Am I ever wrong? Besides, he's in love as well. He looks at you like you're the only person is there." Sarah said. "I don't wanna get hurt anymore, Sarah." I shook my head, pushing away the idea of JJ and I.

"Well y/n. You will always get hurt no matter what. In or not in relationship. Its just the way you accept and deal with the pain." Sarah said. I nodded. "I'm joining the others. You coming?" She asked after a while of silence. "Yeah, I'll be there in a minute." I said as I almost finished wiping everything.

I startled by the presence of someone behind me. "Rafe." I turned around and saw him standing in front of me. "Y/n, we need to talk." He said as he brings me outside to the back of the house.

"Speak Rafe. I don't have the whole time in the world." I rolled my eyes. "That's how you treat me now? That's cruel y/n." He said. "Cruel? Me? Did you even know what you did to me?" I questioned, unbelievably. "I know. I know what I did was wrong...and disgusting. You have every rights to be mad at me. But don't you think we deserve another chance? I deserve another chance?" He asked, taking both of my hands into his. I saw his eyes were red. He took it. The drugs. "Rafe, I trusted you. With my whole life even. I was here crying my heart out. Overthink everything, thought the relationship was failing because of me. While you're there not even caring. And now you're asking for another shot?" I shook my head, tried to pulling my hand away but Rafe got a strong grip at it.

"I love you y/n. I want you. Only you. Please." Rafe begged and his grip getting stronger and tighter. "Rafe, let go of me." I said, struggling to pull my hands. "I can't see you with JJ, y/n. No one can have you." He spoke again, not letting me go. "Rafe you're hurting me." I winced in pain. "Please, y/n. I need you to see. Remember we promised to build a family? Stay with each other? Mini us running around the house?" He asked. "That was your promise but you broke it." I exclaimed. He was getting angrier as he pinned me on the wall. "You're scaring me, Rafe." I cried.

I didn't see a punch was coming for Rafe's jaw. "Fuck off." JJ yelled. Sarah took me into her arms and Mom came along. Rafe stood up and he fixed his jaw. "This one, you're making your boyfriend?" Rafe scoffed, looking at me while I was crying in pain. I had bruises on both of my wrists. Rose saw it. Before her son can threw a punch at JJ, she stopped him.

"Rafe, stop before I call the police." Rose said and he stopped. He looked at us then entered the house. "Y/n." JJ ran to me, looking at my wrists. "I'll get her to her room." JJ helped me. Mom kissed me on the forehead.

"Son of bitch." JJ cussed as he saw the bruises on my arm and wrists. "I'll be fine J." I convinced him. "How is this okay y/n? You're hurt and Rafe is a fucking psycho. I will stay with you just to make sure Rafe won't get to you through the night." JJ insisted. I nodded as he get the aid kit to clean some cuts on my wrists because of Rafe's nails.

"Thanks." I said, out of the blue. JJ looked at me weirdly. "I never thanked you before for being there for me." I said. "Well surprisingly its nice to be around the Kook princess." JJ joked that made me laugh as well. "And... you're done." JJ said as my arms were clean. As JJ tilted his head up, our eyes met. Again. Our lips were inches away. His eyes were full of desire. "We can't keep doing this, J." I shook my head but still keeping the eye contact. "Yeah, why still see?" He asked. "Because I like it." I smiled, made him cracked a smile as well. "Oh fuck it." He cussed under his breath as he leaned in without hesitation, taking my face as out lips connected.

I got them back. The butterflies. Oh fuck the butterflies. I felt the whole zoo at that exact moment. Fire lived in his kiss, he had a way of melting every part of me. Who thought I am in my room, just fought with who I thought was the love of my life and now kissing JJ Maybanks?

-The End-

That is how I will end this book. Feel free to comment if you want a part two (which i ever planned on writing) and I will do it if there is a lot of request. I hope you enjoyed this story. Thank you so much for supporting me this far. I am sorry if this story didn't made it to your expectations or there is any errors throughout this book. Much love for the reader who read till the end <3
- chyn