twenty five

"Rafe. What are you doing here?" I asked him who is standing by the door. "To see you." He said, looking at everyone who were in the room. "Y/n, I can just ask him to leave-" Sarah whispered to my right ear, while I was still looking at Rafe. "It's okay, Sarah. Can ya'll leave us?" I asked looking at everyone. "Are you sure?" Pope asked, looking at me and Rafe. I nodded. One by one left, but JJ stayed for a bit. "Please, don't put too much pressure on yourself alright. Just call out if you need anything." He said, bending down a bit whispering to my ear and plant a soft kiss on my forehead. I was shock too about that but I brushed it off. JJ gave Rafe a deadly stare before closing the door.

"What was that?" Rafe started. "What was what?" I asked, playing dumb because I know what JJ did pissed him off. "Why did you let JJ do that to you?" He asked again. "Oh why do you care, Rafe?" I questioned him back. "I am your boyfriend, y/n!" He exclaimed, without hesitation. "Oh, now you're claiming yourself my boyfriend? After whatever you did to me?" I exclaimed back. I took a deep breath, trying to not lose my shit over this. Not again. "That was a mistake, y/n. You know I won't do something like that to you." He approached me, trying to reach out for my hand but I pull away. Are you fucking kidding me? "What you did was beyond fucking disgusting, Rafe. Cheating is not a mistake. It's a fucking choice." I yelled to his face.

"How dare you." He said as his jaw clenched. I looked at him with hatred. "Y/n I knew never raise her voice on me nor do me like this." He shook his head. "Maybe you never knew her. Easy as that, Rafe." I shrugged, still locking eyes with him. He turned around, towards the wall breaking the eye contact. "We're done." I said, clearly. Rafe turned back at me. "No you did not just say that y/n. This was just a challenge that our relationship had to go through. You can't leave me just because of that." He shook his head, not accepting my decision. "She said, you both are done." JJ interrupted. Fuck you JJ, not the time. "Shut up, dirty pogue." He exclaimed at JJ. He looked at me again. His eyes were forming tears and they were red. "Remember this y/n?" He showed the back of his hand, showing our promise ring. Unbelievable. "I made a promise to you. Promise towards our relationship. I promised to not leave you and you did too. " He said, literally begging me to take him back which I won't.

"You broke the promise first, Rafe. I can't do this anymore." I said, making myself clearer. I looked at him and gave him back my ring. "I think you are done here, Rafe." Sarah said, joining JJ by the door. Rafe looked at me one last time before his sister escorted him out. JJ immediately made his way to me and pulled me into his arms. "You did the right thing. Its okay. You're okay." He assured me everything while brushing through my hair. I couldn't help myself but to cry in JJ's arms.

I spent the whole day with the Pogues until the day was over. They were trying so hard to keep my mind off of what happened earlier. As the day was coming to an end, everyone went home. JJ and mom was still with me.

"Miss Y/n. Here's your medications for today's evening. Please take it." A nurse entered the room. I thanked her. As she was about to exit the room, mom stopped her. "Can I stay the night here?" She asked. "Yeah, she can have one person to accompany her tonight before she discharge tomorrow." The nurse replied and left. "Mom, its okay. You need rest, go home. I'll be fine." I said to my mom who looked so worried. "I need to be here for you, if you need anything." She made her point. "I'll stay." JJ interrupted. What? I tilted my head towards him who was on my left. "Yeah, I can totally stay here with y/n and you can go home and rest." JJ said, looking at my mom. Before I can protest, mom took the offer. "That's great, JJ. Thank you. I owe you one." Mom smiled at him before planting a kiss on my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow, honey." She said, grabbing her stuff and left. Now its me and JJ once again. Alone.

"You shouldn't chose to stay you know." I said to him as I saw mom shut the door behind her. "I want to. And you know I do and get what I want, princess." He smirked. "Whatever." I rolled my eyes at him. We proceed to watch the tv for a few hours. Silence took over us once again.

"Oh fuck, y/n. Its late." JJ said, as he showed me the time on his phone. "So what?" I asked, raising a brow at him. "You need rest, you idiot." He rolled his eyes. He turned off the tv and made his way towards me, tucking me in. "I'm not a kid." I said. "Yeah, I know. But you're sick and I need to take care of you." He said. I didn't argue. I even liked it that deep inside that cold heart, JJ Maybanks actually cares about me. After tucking me in, he switched the light off but I still can see a bit of him in the dark. He was adjusting himself on the couch.

"JJ." I called him out. He responded with a soft 'mhm'. "I'm sorry you had to see Rafe and I earlier." I apologised. "Its okay. I had to see you dump his ass anyways. Plus what you did was right and brave. He's an asshole." JJ said. I can't quite see him but I hear him. "Thank you JJ." I said, felt nice. "Yeah, just please tell me if you need anything." He said, before we fell asleep.

Quite a chapter I should say? Also thank you so much for 200 reads! Much love <3
-chyn