twenty one

Fast forward a few months later...

I am now in my room, getting ready to meet the Pogues at the beach. We are going surfing today. Its been a few months since Rafe left. Honestly, we are not doing great lately but maybe he's just tired with all the classes there. I know how stressful school can be. But everything went down to shit a few weeks ago when Rafe and I face-timed and he was acting so weird. I walk to my night stand to grab my phone then saw a picture of Rafe and I at the beach the night before he left for Toronto.

I had a flashback of us face-timed few weeks ago.

"Rafe, were you listening?" I asked, as I noticed something was bothering my boyfriend. His forehead was sweating and he can't sit still. "Yeah, your beer fell." He nodded anxiously. "Are you okay? You've been acting weird since just now. Is everything alright?" I asked, clearly was worried about him. "Yeah, I'm just tired." He said, clearly was lying. "Rafe I know you-" I was about to talk but his roommate interrupted. "Aye Rafe, we got new stuff for you man-" I heard he said, followed by the sound of the door shut. "I'll talk to you later. Bye." He said, ended the call immediately. "Bye." I sighed. New stuff? I wonder what it is.

Oh you think that was it? No. He was acting so weird the following days too whenever we call. This was a throwback of our call last night.

"Hey baby, what's up?" I called him. "Just finish some assignments." He shrugged. "Liar!" I heard his roommates exclaimed at the back. "Shut up." Rafe chuckled awkwardly. His eyes were red. "Have you been sleeping alright, Rafe?" I asked. "Yeah- no. I mean no. There's a lot of stuff that I need to settle." He nodded. "Alright..."I looked at him weirdly. "Rafe come on, the party is starting soon." His roommate called him. "You're going to a party? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him. "Just a small party for my class." He shrugged. "Okay, have fun." I nodded. "Yeah bye." He said and ended the call. We barely even say our I love yous now.

"Yeah bye? That's it?" Sarah entered my room. "He's busy." I shrugged, putting my phone on the night stand. "You say that everytime I caught you guys calling and he just I don't know- hang up on you?" Sarah said, joining me on the bed. I didn't know what to say because I felt like what she said was true. "Are you sure everything is alright between you two?" She asked. I nodded and smile. Honestly I don't even know.

"Knock knock, are you done?" Sarah's voice snapped me back into reality. "Yeah." I grab my phone and put down the picture. "Lets go." I smile.

"Come on ladies!" John B exclaimed as he picked Sarah and I up in his VW van. "Smells like shit in here." I said, as I get in and saw Kie, Pope and JJ was inside as well. Sarah get into the passenger's seat, next to her boyfriend. "Don't talk to her like that y/n. This is the love of my life, besides Sarah." John B said, as he was referring to this van. "Best girl." Pope hugged me. "Are you ready party people?" John B exclaimed to us at the back. "Yeah. lets go!" Kie yelled. Rafe was still bothering my head.

"You okay?" JJ who clearly noticed I was bothered. I nodded and gave him a weak smile. "We're gonna have lots fun today. We're gonna get that dick out of your head, alright?" He assured me. JJ and I bond closer this summer. Him and others know what I went through with Rafe and how is our situation now. "Yeah alright." I nodded and grab a beer from the ice box in the van. "That's the spirit." He smiled.

I suggest you to listen to Waves by Dean Lewis while reading this part till the end.

We then later arrived at the beach. We took out the beers, the snacks, our surfboards. JJ and Pope are teaching me to surf and honestly you're going to watch the best surfer in the Outer Banks today. Me.

"Fuck." I choked on the sea water as I fell from my surfboard. Well, maybe not today. "Y/n, are you alright?" I heard Pope called for me. "Yeah I'm cool." I nodded. "Surfing is totally not for me." I said to JJ who just got out of the water. "Come on." He grabbed my arm and lead me back to the water. He held both my hand as both of us get onto our boards. "Don't ever stop trying. You will ride your waves perfectly if you ride it with your soul. You just have to ride the waves that are given to you and enjoy it." JJ said, pointing to my chest. I nodded. He lead us both to the wave.

There's a wave coming at me. "That's yours!" JJ exclaimed. I nodded at him and take a deep breath before I take over the wave. I close my eyes as I naturally get it. "Oh my god." I said to myself as I open my eyes. I was surfing for the first time. I didn't fuck it up. "Way to go!" Kie and others cheered for me by the shoreline. I landed perfectly back to them, followed by JJ. "That's my girl." JJ side hugged me. "Thank you, JJ." I smiled at him. We looked at each other a bit, it was an intense eye contact. We broke the eye contact as we heard John B called. "You two coming or what?"

We all sat by the beach, enjoying out drinks. "That was fun." Pope said, taking a sip from his bottle. "Yeah, even better when y/n can surf now." John B smirked. We watch as the sun sets. Some of us took some pictures of it. "Beautiful isn't it?" JJ whispered to me. "Yeah." I smiled to him who was sitting beside me. I was thinking about how it would be so much better if Rafe was here with me to watch it. I miss him so much. Kie was about to take some shots as well. "Oh fuck he didn't." She blurted out. We all turned to her. "What is it, Kie?" John B asked. "Y/n, I think you should see this." Kie gave me her phone.

I felt like my heart just shattered into pieces.

funny how I wrote this chapter while listening to my sad playlist and waves was playing at the part I was writing about y/n surfing. and my playlist's name is 'before I kms' lol goodbye.

-chyn

kook princess ✔️ - [ jj maybanks x reader]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara