fifthteen

Fast forward months later.

Days turns to months since Rafe and I have been dating. We spend every second together if we can. He took me to countless dates, dinners, surfing. Its just very lovely. We go to bed together, we wake up to each other. Just like everyone said, you won't notice how fast the time flies when you're having fun. But lately, the situation is a bit weird for us. Rafe looks like he's hiding something. He even looks anxious sometimes. Honestly, I am worried about him and I want to talk about it but everytime I bring it up, he always brushed it off and say its nothing.

Now Rafe and I are sitting in my room playing games. "I am getting better at this." I laughed as I just stole his kill. "Yeah and its not fair." Rafe laughed along. He brought in his games into my room sometimes to play with me. I stole his kill again. "No, wait!" Rafe groaned as the game ended with my kills are higher than his. "I thought you well, I guess." Rafe shrugged. I smiled, putting down the controller. "But that doesn't mean you're better than me!" He exclaimed and tackled me into his arm. We both were laying on the floor, laughing. "Kids! dinner!" We heard Rose yelled for us. "That's our cue to get up, your highness." Rafe said, getting up from the floor. He held out his hand for me. I sighed and take it.

"You guys are so loud." Wheezie groaned as she saw Rafe and I walked down the stairs. "I'm so sorry." I apologise. "No, its cute." Wheezie rolled her eyes and we laughed. "Sarah." I acknowledged her as we gave each other smiles. Sarah still gives me tons of advices about her brother. She's so scared that Rafe will hurt me but everything is all well. "How was everyone?" I asked Sarah, referring to the Pogues. "Yeah, everything's fine except I almost rip the bitch's head off today." Sarah groaned. That bitch is JJ's girlfriend. And she is also the problem I am rarely hanging out with the Pogues now. She always her own ways to make out blood boil. "That bad? Have any of you guys to talk to JJ about it?" I asked. Sarah shook her head. "She claimed herself one of us even." Sarah added. Damn.

We then sit down to have dinner. Just like every other night, we talked about random stuff at dinner. But little did I know, tonight's gonna be different. "So, did you accept the offer yet Rafe?" Rose asked breaking the silence. Rafe sighed and looked down without saying anything back to his mom. "What offer?" I asked. "You don't know?" Rose asked, surprised. I shook my head. "I thought you told her." Rose added. "Told what, Rafe?" I looked at my boyfriend. "Oh shit." I heard Wheezie cussed underneath her breath. Rose nudged her daughter.

A few moments later, he finally took a breath and looked at me. "Remember about I said, I wanted to study but no college wants to take me in?" He started, looking at me. I nodded. "Yeah, I got into one." He said. "That's great! You get to continue studying. You have to take it, you hear me? Where is it?" I said, cheering. But still, the table was filled with silence. "Where you're going to?" I asked again. "Toronto." Rafe said. "Oh-" I said, feeling like my heart skipped a beat. I dropped my fork. Isn't that in Canada which is like million miles away? "Honey?" Mom waved her hand in front of me. "Thank you for the dinner." I get up and went to my room. Sarah was about to chase after me but Rose stopped her. "Fuck." I heard Rafe groaned.

I went to my room and throw the balcony doors open. The thought of being so far from Rafe hurts me. Only him that can me feel like I'm home but I can't be the one who stops him from what is best for him. I can't help but shed a few tears.

"Y/n?" I heard Rafe's soothing voice calling my name. I quickly wiped my tears off. "Hey." He said, sliding his hands to my hips. "Hey." I said, still trying to wipe the tears. "Are you okay?" he asked, making me facing him with his other hand. Me being a supportive and not wanting to look clingy girlfriend, I tried to keep a smile on. "Yeah." I nodded. "Stop. This is why I don't want to tell you that I'm going because I will not accept the offer." He said. "You stop. I don't want to be the one who is stopping you to start a new chapter. Not after everything you've been through, Rafe." I said, playing with his crew neck shirt. "What if I want to be with you and I don't want to go? And everything will be alright. We can still wake up to each other, go for morning walks." He said. I closed both my eyes, remembering back all the memories of us. "We both know you want this, Rafe. And its okay. Maybe its good for us, you know." I said, looking down. "I don't wanna leave you." He shook his head. "I can always visit you." I chuckled, bringing my palm to his cheek.

"Take that offer, alright. " I said, trying to convince him. "I love you." He pulled me into a hug and planted a kiss on my head. "And I promise, when I come back... I will have a ring on that finger. We'll get out of here and we'll have a house by the beach. We're gonna have mini us running around the house and a dog." He said, kissing the back of my hand. "I love you too." I smiled.

"As long we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we're together."

This chapter physically hurt me because I know how painful long distance relationship can be. I am in one. I love him so much and I can't wait to see him when this stupid covid is over.

See ya'll next chapter.

-chyn