nineteen

"Spin for me baby." Rafe said as we were facetiming. "Gorgeous." He smiled and do the chefs kiss gesture. "Its not quite like me but I truly agree that I look great." I said to him, looking at myself. I then notice Rafe screen shots a lot of pictures. "Stop, you don't even ask me to pose." I laugh. "You look cuter when you don't notice." He shrugged. "Have fun alright. I love you." He said, blowing me a kiss. "I love you too. Talk to you later." I smiled. I grab all of my stuff and shove it into my purse.

"Are you ready, girls?" Rose called for Sarah and I from downstairs. "Come on, we're gonna be late." Wheezie groaned. "Yeah, we're coming." I said as both Sarah and I rushed down the stairs. I hope I won't rip the dress or something. "You look wonderful, honey." Mom looked at me, touching my hair. "Looks by yours truly." Sarah bowed like a princess she is, claiming her work. "You look pretty." Wheezie chuckled and took a picture of me with her camera that's hanging on her neck. "Thanks Wheezie." I smiled. "We gotta go, ladies." Rose said as she pointing at her watch. We all then enter the car and Rose drives us to the Wreck.

When we arrived, it was crowded. "Damn, there's a lot of people." Wheezie said as we all were looking out from the window. "Yeah, we are so going to achieve the target." Rose agreed with her daughter. I never been around this many people before. Sarah noticed that I was anxious. "Its going to be alright. I am going to be with you the whole night." She assured me. I nodded and smile. Rose parked the car and we all made our way inside the Wreck.

There music was so loud. The people dressed so nice for the night. Luckily, I did too. I held my purse harder as we enter the restaurant. Kie and her parents were at the entrance welcoming the guests. "Sarah, y/n!" She exclaimed when she saw us. "Hello girlie." Sarah gave her a smile while I gave a short 'hey'. "Y/n, you look amazing!" Kie grabbed both my shoulders and looked at me up and down. "The Camerons and The y/l/n! Welcome. Take your seats." Kie's parents said to us. We all nodded and walk to the our table. Sarah and I were placed at the table with the Pogues while Mom sits with Rose and Wheezie.

A few moments later, while Sarah and I were chatting, someone tapped on our shoulders. Its Pope who surprisingly also dressed well. "Pope!" Sarah and I exclaimed as we both gave him a hug. "You look dashing." I smiled at him as he sits beside me. "Thank you. Once is a while am I right? You look extremely beautiful as well." Pope complimented me. "New thing." I shrugged. "I love it." Pope smiled as he put his hand on mine.

Kie later joined us at the table. "When does this start?" I asked her. "In a moment." She said as everyone was already slowly settling down. "As I remember, I have two more other friends." Kie said, referring to JJ and John B who haven't come yet. "John B texted me that they're on their way." Sarah said. "They better be." Kie rolled her eyes.

Our attention moved to the stage where Rose was standing with the mic on. "Welcome to the Charity Dinner 2021, dear guests. We will now start this evening's event with a speech from our sheriff about our town." She said. Everyone applaud and the sheriff went on the stage and started his speech. At the corner of my eye, I saw JJ holding hands with a woman who is obviously his girlfriend and John B entered and ran quietly towards us. I nudged Sarah's elbow telling that her dear boyfriend is here.

"Where were you?" Kie asked as they both sit down. "Sorry, we were waiting for JJ's girlfriend to get ready." John B whispered away from JJ so he won't hear it. I looked at JJ's girlfriend as she was playing with her boyfriend's hair and JJ is happily entertaining her. "I'm sorry. I didn't know he's bringing that bitch." Sarah said, rolling her eyes as she look at her. "Its okay." I mouthed.

Its been a while since the event started but JJ and his girlfriend non stop teasing each other and laughing when there is nothing funny going on. "I don't like this." Pope whispered to me. Neither do I, Pope. I have to do something. "Look, I am not mad or anything but if ya'll want to be lovey dovey, you can go to other place alright? There are people who are trying to enjoy their dinner and if you haven't notice everyone's been staring at you both since the evening started. So please, do me a favour... do us all a favour and just stop." I smiled sarcastically at JJ and his girlfriend. They both looked at me like they wanted to kill me. "Ooh burn." John muttered underneath his breath and JJ shot him a glare. "And now if you excuse me, I am going to get a drink." I said again.

While I was enjoying tons of drinks by the bar, the exact one person who I didn't want to see came. "Nice try to put me at my place." JJ came, sitting beside me. He ordered a drink as well. "I didn't tried. I did put you at your place, Maybanks. And you know it." I smirked as I took a sip of my beer. "You know, I never forget the moment where we were both alone at John B's. Honestly, you never left my mind y/n." He said. I looked at him weirdly. "Are you drunk, JJ?" I asked because I know that is not true. "No I'm not drunk." He shook his head. "Sad, well I am." I smiled as I take another sip. I am starting to feel a little bit tipsy at this point not going to lie. "Bartender, another one please." I called for the bartender. "How many did you drink already. You need to stop." JJ shook his head. "Sorry not sorry. You can't tell me what to do." I shrugged as I aggressively take the beer from the bartender's grip. "Baby! Where's my drink?" I heard JJ's girlfriend calling for him. "Your call, soldier." I said. "Please, be careful." JJ said before he left for his girlfriend. "Not tonight." I said underneath my breath.

After a while sitting at the bar, I decided to join the others. Mom texted me that she will be going home. There's little people here. "Where's the party?" I asked, as myself was at the middle of the restaurant raising my beer. "Fuck y/n. How much you had?" Sarah ran towards me. "I can't count." I shook my head. "I have so many fingers-" I said. Well, to shorten it I am completely drunk. "Are you feeling alright?" I heard Sarah asked but I can't talk. It felt like my whole body was shutting down. The next thing I know was- my vision was dark. My ears were alert a bit when I heard JJ called out my name. "Y/n."

I totally modified this chapter. If you're a reader from the other account, you can already see the storyline is changing from this chapter. I still hope you guys enjoy it though.

-chyn