one

"Honey, the cab is here!" I heard my mom called for me from downstairs. "I'm coming!" I yelled back as I grab my small belongings.

"Goodbye home." I whispered under my breath while looking at our house with the "For Sale" sign in front of it. Yes we're moving. We're going to leave London for North Carolina.

Why you ask? We both wanted a new start since dad left us for another woman. We're not gonna talk about that. Honestly, I am not going to miss anything from London. I just never belong here. A nobody.

We are going to stay at my mom's friend at a small town called Outer Banks and this is a story about how I became someone from no one. A Kook Princess.

-

"Thank you, sir." my mom thanked the cab driver. I exhaled the fresh air as I stepped out of the yellow vehicle.

"You okay?" Mom asked me as she fix herself. I nodded softly. She took my hand and we walked into the airport.

-

Now we're just grabbing breakfast before our flight. "Honey, the food isn't gonna disappear by itself." Mom snapped me into reality. "It's just, aren't you scared? We are going to a place where we know no one." I said. "Do we even knew the people here?" Mom questioned me. I looked at her. "At least we're starting new." She shrugged while spreading the butter on her toast.

"Its not easy for me too, y/n but I'm trying my best and I think you should try too. Besides, its summer. I bet you'll get to know the people there." She continued.

-

"We hope you will enjoy your flight." The pilot's voice went through the speakers with a static noise at the end. Mom gave me a reassuring smile and I looked out the window as the plane is already moving.

"To a fresh start." I thought to myself.

-

A little opening for this book won't hurt. Just a little background story of y/n. I hope ya'll had fasten your seatbelts because this story is going to be a hella roller-coaster.

I would like to thank sydneyleggatt for inspiring me to re-write this book <3

Don't forget to leave a comment and vote if you enjoyed!