twenty six

I woke up to the sound of soft snores coming from JJ. The sun is already up. I checked my phone to see what time it was. "8am" I said to myself. I would be out of here in like a few hours and mom will came to get me when the visitor time is on. I put my phone on the bed and wanted to go to the toilet to change. As I was about to get off the bed, I accidentally bumped onto one of the machines and made JJ jumped. "Y/n, what? where are you going?" He rubbed his eyes and getting off the couch to help me. "Sorry I woke you up. I just wanted to the toilet. I want to change." I said, awkwardly somehow. "I told you to let me help you." He said, grabbing my arm. "I know, I can walk you know." I laughed. JJ escorted me to the toilet which is at the side of the room. I entered the toilet and started to change.

I was changing the hospital attire to a dress that mom brought me yesterday. Fuck, its got a zipper. I walked to the sink and tried to stretch my arms and zip it myself. "Oh come on." I groaned to myself. "Y/n are you okay? Do you need any help?" I heard JJ from outside. "Yeah I'm alright. Just zipper problems." I said. "I can help you." He offered a hand. I can feel he was smiling saying that line. "Good try JJ Maybanks." I scoffed to myself.

Its quite while I've been in the toilet still with the zipper problem. "Fuck you." I cussed to the zipper that's at the back. Oh fuck it. I came out of the toilet and JJ's eyes were on me. "Maybe I need help." I said, not looking at his face. "I know." He nodded and get behind me and I grab all of my hair to the side. He gently rest a hand on my shoulders and the other hand slide the zipper up. Surprisingly, his hand was soft and warm. "You're good." He coughed awkwardly. "Thanks." I said, turning to him. Our faces were a few inches away. "This is close." I smiled awkwardly. He didn't responded to that but he kept looking at my face, my nose, my eyes, my lips.

"JJ?" I called him out. He smile and moved his hand to a strand of my hair at the back of my ear. "You're so beautiful y/n. Rafe is a dick for doing that to you." He said as his palm is resting at my cheek. We locked our eyes and our body sort of getting closer together. It was like a magnet but I didn't resist. We broke the tension as the door opened. "Oh I'm sorry. Did I interrupt something?" Mom jokingly closed her eyes as me and JJ moved away from each other. "No you didn't. JJ was just helping with the zipper." I said. Mom gave me the look. You know that look when a mother likes the guy you're with? Yeah that look. "So?" I asked mom her sudden appearance. "You're going home. Pack your stuff." She said. I nodded and started packing. JJ packed his stuff into his backpack as well.

While I was packing, JJ opened his shirt and I accidentally saw it and covered my eyes immediately "What are you doing?" I asked, still covering my eyes. "Changing? Its not like you never see me half naked before." JJ laughed to himself. He's right, we surf together. That's so embarrassing of you, y/n. Mom came back into the room after signed all of the papers at the registration counter. "Honey, I have to go. They need me at the office." Mom said with a sad face. "Oh its okay. I'll find a way back home." I nodded. "I'll send y/n home. If that's what she wants?" JJ offered again. When can this guy stop? "That's great JJ. We owe you so much." Mom thanked him. We? Owe? Him?

"Dinner, at our place tonight. See you both." Mom said before she left rushing. I looked at him in disbelief. "Chop chop. I'll wait you in the car." JJ said before he left. I shook my head as I watch him disappear in sight. "This man is going to be the death of me." I thought to myself. I grabbed all of my stuff and leave.

"Are you okay?" JJ noticed me not talking since we left the hospital. "Yeah I'm alright. Its just Rafe is at home as well so..." I said. "Don't worry, if he tries to do anything, call me immediately." JJ said, putting his hand on mine. I didn't respond because I was not sure. "Y/n you hear me? I am not playing." He said again. I nodded and JJ squeezed my hand while giving me a reassuring smile. He the moved his hand to turn up the radio. Stargazing by the Neighbourhood was playing.

We didn't hesitate to sing together. "Started with a spark." JJ sang and pointed his index finger at me to ask me to continue. "Now we're on fire." I sang on top of my lungs. "Oohhhh baby, youuu take me on a rideee. Gonna drive me crazy." We both sang together. JJ opened both windows. We sang more songs together as warm breeze welcomed us. It was so nice. For once I felt light. I didn't bother about anything. Just me and JJ singing together. But of course, everything must come to an end. We arrived home.

"Do you want me to go in with you? I can stay till dinner." JJ said he parked the car in front of the Cameron's house. "Too much to ask?" I asked, looking at him. "Never something you ask is too much for me y/n." He smiled. I nodded and we both get out of the car. JJ helped me to grab all of my stuff.

As we entered the house, we both were welcomed by Rose who is at the living room with Rafe and Wheezie. But my eyes stayed connected with Rafe. "Its okay. I'm here." JJ whispered to my ear and rest his hand on my lower back. Looks like Rafe doesn't like that. "Y/n! Welcome home." Rose exclaimed and Wheezie ran to me, giving me a hug. "Its good to see you again." She looked up to me and smile. "I miss you too." I said. Rafe suddenly stood up from the sofa and walked towards us. I grabbed JJ's wrist, motioning that I'm scared. "We better get to your room." JJ said, trying to get us of there. I nodded, still locking my gaze at Rafe. "You do you, kids." Rose chuckled before she walk to the kitchen. "JJ is staying for dinner." I said to Rose before grabbing his arm and drag him to my room.

Again, sorry for not updating. I was busy with school. Teachers can't stop giving work. I want to cry please-

-chyn