Everything Has Changed

Start from the beginning

I groaned before making my way to the door. I opened and my two siblings immediately entered the apartment without uttering a word.

"Finally. I've called you like five times. What the hell were you doing?" MK rolled her eyes as she plopped herself on the couch.

"I fell asleep okay?" I mimicked her.

"We are sent here by your girlfriend." Ashley butted in. "To give you this dress." She hands me a box. I took it away from her almost immediately.

"That girlfriend of yours, she's so sweet," MK added. "When she told me what she had planned for you today, I literally cried. She's so thoughtful and loving. If you don't stop fucking up, I'm going to take her away from you."

I shook my head at her playful antics. "She must've thought this one through because somehow she knew the dress you wanted to wear for prom," Ashley said, pointing at the box.

To my confusion, I opened the box carefully and to my surprise, it was indeed the dress I wanted to wear. I don't think I've mentioned anything regarding what dress I wanted to wear.

I picked up the piece of clothing, admiring the design and the color scheme of it

"How did you guys find the exact same one?" I asked.

"We didn't. Your girlfriend did." Ashley answered. "The only thing we did is get the dress from the designer that made it."

"Lizzie, please don't hurt your girl's heart. She's so pure and sweet. She really went out of her way and contacted a lot of people to get that." MK added. "Who knows, she might propose to you today too. Y/N talked to our mom late last night."

My heart fell at the pit of my stomach, "What?" I asked, not believing the words that she told me.

"Mom called me this morning asking if Y/N was successful in finding the designer," Ashley told me, catching my undivided attention.

"But, I don't know Lizzie. They were on the phone for a long time for it to be just about the dress." MK teased me. "I told your girlfriend already that she has my blessings."

"Stop teasing our little sister," Ashley interjected. "Although, I'm not opposed to the idea of you two tying the knot."

I chuckled, rolling my eyes at them, "I hate you both."

I gazed my attention to the dress, a smile slowly forming on my face. I held it against my chest, the idea of tonight and being her future wife brings a different type of fulfillment in me that I don't think I'll be able to explain.

-

I have never cared so much about how good I looked until now. I took my time and made sure that every stroke of my makeup was to perfection. After staring at myself in the vanity mirror for fifteen minutes straight, I was finally satisfied. Just in time, my phone buzzed, my driver Alfred letting me know that he's outside waiting for me.