What They'll Say About Us

What They'll Say About Us by FINNEAS

____

Y/N's POV

Lizzie hasn't said a word ever since we left the club. I could sense the feeling of disdain surrounding her inner thoughts. She's so focused on driving that I feel like she forgot that I'm even in the same car as her. The silence in the car is definitely not helping. I wish I could strip it all away but I know that's not how it works.

It pains me to see her this way. Her facial expression looks conflicted and I know for a fact that her thoughts are drowning her. The way she would crinkle her eyebrows together every once in a while, probably when a thought would get the best of her, shows that this is bothering her more than she would let it.

"Lizzie.." I decided to diminish the overgrowing silence between us.

She didn't say anything. I look at her once more, and I could tell she's completely lost in her thoughts. She's physically here, but mentally, she's somewhere else. I call out to her a couple more times, still getting nothing but silence.

I reach my hand forward gently, my pinky touching her knuckle slightly. Lizzie flinches at the touch, pulling herself out of her trance.

"Baby, are you okay?" I ask with so much sincerity in my voice.

"Uh, yes love, I'm okay." Lizzie beamed me a weak smile. God, she looks so conflicted it hurts. Alright, this can't go on any longer.

I fill in the cracks between her hand with mine, "You know I love you right?" I start. Lizzie nods. "I'm switching shifts so I don't have to see her around. Not that I want to anyway."

"Oh, babe, you don't have to do that.." Lizzie insists.

"I know, but I want to. I'm willing to do anything that makes you happy." I flash her a genuine smile. "It actually works out well for us because you get to spend more time with me. So, it's a win-win situation."

"More time with you?"

"Yes, so instead of me working three days through the weekday, it would only be two. Oh, and I don't work on the weekend either." I tell her excitedly. "We can finally have more cute spontaneous dates on the weekends, maybe even do a little road trip if you're up for it." I shower the back of her palm with kisses, letting her know that there are absolutely no regrets in this decision.

A heart-stopping smile formed on her lips, making my heart jump. "You're amazing, you know that?"

I return the favor, my heart feels like it's full of stars, "Only because you're letting me. I have a lot of pent-up love for you, so get used to this Olsen." I wiggle my eyebrows for dramatic effect.

"You're such a dork, but you're my dork." She gushes, making me blush like a madman.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." I slowly leaned my head against her shoulder, our hands still entangled together like they're meant to. I felt Lizzie take comfort within the gesture, resting her cheek beside my head. "There's no one else like you, Olsen. No one."

"There's no one else like you, Y/LN." Lizzie purrs, planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

The question might have to be popped soon...

~

When we got back to my apartment, Lizzie and I laid comfortably on the couch, our bodies entangled together as one. The way her head would naturally rest against my chest as she would casually plant soft kisses on my knuckles makes me the happiest person alive. Even the way she breathes makes me feel at peace. I will always ask myself this, but is this real? There's absolutely no way that this woman is with me. God, she has all of me without exceptions.