17* Coincidences...

Start from the beginning

"Ohhh ohhh," She muttered almost distracted as she kept staring at me with a huge and cautious smile on her face. Looking at her right now, with a little bean on her chubby cheeks and her eyes twinkling with an amusement I didn't understand, I just realized again how pretty this growing lady is.

"Oppa, so I had a dream overnight," She started seriously and because of his serious she looked, I knew it was going to be something ridiculous so I didn't even bother replying to her.

"And God revealed to me that we should change the theme of this house to pink or purple."

"Ohhh, I had no idea you were the female version of Yusuf," I replied dismissively before taking the last sip of my coffee.

"But I'm serious na! Even you know it deep down that pink or purple would make our apartment more colorful."

Our... Our what?

"I don't need colors," I told her, stood up, and made to the dishwasher to rinse my mug, "I'm more than okay with the black and white theme."

The floors and walls were in white, the sofas and dining chairs in black, and the cabinet and shelves were all in black with the top of the cabinet in white.

It was really cool and almost therapeutic and I loved it like that.

"This house looked unlived in," My sister whined, sounding like a little puppy, "It just looks like one very old and depressed man is the one living here and not two adults..."

"You think you're an adult?"

"I know I'm an adult," She replied cheekily before she made a gesture of waving that conversation away, "I insist we need to add some colors, some led lights, some flowers, floating shelves, and scented candles. I also want to change the diffuser," She pointed to the diffuser on the shelf underneath the TV, "I want to change the diffuser to one with a flowery scent, this current one smells like sawdust."

"Saw... Saw what? But seriously, Nazeera, we're not changing anything, the apartment is perfectly fine like this."

"Oppa," She whined and she started patting her eyelids repeatedly at me.

Not gonna work.

"You can do anything you want to your room but not here."

She continued batting her eyelids, pursing her lips together in a cute way as if that was going to persuade me but I refused to be moved.

Because if I should concur, Nazeera would turn this place into an occult something.

"Okay, okay, why don't we..." She started talking when she realized that her puppy face wasn't going to work on me, "Why don't we maintain the paintings but we'll get some flowers, floating shelves, artworks, scented candles, led lights, and another diffuser, please? Please? Jebal?" She clamped her hands together while looking at me pleadingly as if I said no, her life was going to fall apart.

"Okay," I replied to her and she screamed so loudly that I was sure our neighbors would hear even though the apartments were sound proved.

"Saranghea, Oppa, Saranghea." Then before I could say anything, she was dancing off as she hummed her BTS tune to the middle of the sitting room and I knew it was to survey where and how she was going to input the things she already mapped out that she was going to buy in the sitting room.

Nazeera was just something else entirely.

I took one long and last look at my sitting room because I knew Nazeera would be sure to remodel it today. There was nothing in the room except a single and long black sofa, a mini recliner, a center table, the TV set, too mini stools, and a diffuser.