Chapter 18

Previously on Chapter 17

"I love you, Y/N..." he said, leaning his forehead on mine. I smile and peck his lips. "I love you too, Ed" I said. He smiles and leans in for another kiss.

-Going On A Mission-

Y/N P.O.V

We are currently in our meeting room. There's been an attack not far from our kingdom. So we need to decide who's going to handle it.

"Y/N and Edmund can go..." Peter said. "And your reason is?" I asked. He looks at me in confusion. I let out a sigh. "I'm not refusing your words, Peter. I just want to make sure you have a reason. We can't just decide randomly. We need to know for sure... or it's going to be a disaster" I said. He hums and nods his head.

"Of course I have a reason to send you and Edmund. One... you always know what you're doing. Two, you and Edmund are one of the strongest fighters. I can't leave the castle because I have important things I need to handle here..." he said.

"Right... so when are we leaving?" Edmund asked. "As soon as possible..." he said. I nod my head and turn to Edmund. "Then we best prepare ourselves, right Ed?" I said. "Of course, honey... let's go..." he said. He gently holds my hand. Then we head to our shared room.

We enter our shared bedroom. I make my way to the  wardrobe. I grab some clothes, including my battle outfit. I place them on the bed. Then I start to fold them.

Edmund is doing the same. "Hey, Ed..." I said. "Yes, honey?" He asked. "What do you think is attacking them?" I asked. "I'm not so sure, darling... but I'm sure with a good planning we can handle them..." he said.

He walks towards me and turns me to face him. He gently holds my hand, smiling softly at me. "Why? Are you nervous?" He said. "Kind of... we have no idea what will happen. What if one of us get hurt?" I said. He smiles and gently cups my cheeks. "We will be alright... you don't have to think too much about it, okay?" He said. I smile and nod my head. He just smiles back and slowly leans in to place a soft kiss on my lips. Then we continue to pack our belongings.

Time-skip

I'm standing in front of the harbor. Lucy walks forward and gently pulls me into a hug. "Be careful out there, Y/N..." she said. "I will... take care of our home okay... as well as yourself" I said.

She pulls away from the hug. "Of course... you too, Y/N..." she said, smiling at me. She steps back and allows Susan to embrace me. I smile and hugs her back.

"I'm sure you'll be able to handle whatever it is. You are one of the strongest fighter..." she said. "Thanks, Susan..." I said, smiling at her as we pull away from the hug. She smiles at me and steps back.

Peter walks forward and smiles at the two of us. "I believe you two will succeed... Y/N you're a master in making a plan. With Edmund, master in sword fight. Together... you two make the perfect team... but do be careful. I'm talking about you, Edmund" he said, turning to look at Edmund who's walking towards us after making sure everything is ready.

He rolls his eyes as he stands next to me, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Whatever..." he said. I nudge his rib with my elbow gently. He wince and turn to look at me. I give him a stern expression.

"Sorry..." he said. I just giggle and place a kiss on his cheek. I turn to the others and smile softly. "I guess we better get going now..." I said. They smiles at me and nods their heads. I wave at them with a smile on my face. Then Edmund and I get on the ship.

Time-skip

"Your majesties! There's a land!" One of our sailors said. I take off the monocular from my bracelet and will it to grow in size. "Where?" I asked. He points to a certain direction. I turn to the direction and use my monocular.

"Yes... there's an island..." I said. Edmund walks up to me and lift his hand. I place the monocular on his hand and he take a look as well. "Yeah... I can see it" he said. He hands the monocular back to me and I place it back on my bracelet.

"Prepare the rowboat!" He said. "Right away, sire" he said. Edmund turns to look at me. "We're almost there..." he said. I nod my head, leaning my head on his shoulder as he wraps an arm around me.

We get on the rowboat and starts to row closer to the island. They park the rowboat on the deck. Edmund is the first to get off the rowboat. He turns to look at me and offers his hand. I place my hand on top of his and get on the dock.

"Once we get to the village, I expect everyone to keep their guards up. We don't know what will be waiting for us there" I said. "Yes, your highness!" They said. I nod my head in satisfaction at their responses. I feel a hand gently slips into mine. I turn my head to look at Edmund and give his hand a light squeeze. He turns to me and nod his head. Then we make our way into the village.

After a while of walking, we finally reach the village. It was dead silent. There are no signs of civilizations. No sign of human around this place. I turn to look at Edmund as he turns to me as well. We shared a look of worried.

We come to a stop. I notice something and walk up to it. I kneel down to see burnt mark on the ground. It looks like it's been bombed, but at the same time... it doesn't look like something human is capable of. Edmund walks up to me and kneels down next to me.

I reach out and grab some ash. "It's still warm... this just happened..." I said, turning to look at Edmund. He keeps his eyes on the ground. Then he reaches out, grabbing something.

He turns to look at me and show me what he found. I furrow my eyebrow as I take it in my hand.

"It's a dragon's scale

"It's a dragon's scale..." I said. He nods his head as he looks at me with a worried expression. "I think the one causing this rampage is a dragon... which means we have to be extra careful. A dragon is very dangerous..." he said. I nod my head in agreement. He's right...

We have to be careful..

*to be continued*

A/N: I am so sorry for keeping this book on hold for so long! I'm confused on what to write next. But I'll try my best to update it regularly. Thank you for being patient with me. Love ya~