He had the answer to everything.

"You're out of your mind if you think I'm staying here with you. I'll find a way to escape. I'll run."

"You can deny me all you want, but I know you feel it, too." He rubbed his chest over his heart. "For the longest time, I actually thought I was suffering from acid reflux. Every time I saw you and had to let you go, I felt it. Like a pit of lava that was burning me from the inside out. No amount of meds could stop the ache. Only one thing did—you. Just being near you. The feeling is gone and something else lives there, something that fills me up and leaves me needing more of you. Always more."

I kicked my chin up and kept my tone cold. "That's cute."

He winced, and what could have been pain flashed across his eyes. Then it was gone. I'd been cruel, and for once, I was glad. Whatever happiness he felt was nothing compared to the ocean of sorrow he'd drowned me in.

Christian rose, the sunlight gracing his chiseled body. I looked away as he stalked into the bathroom.

"Come in here." The command in his voice had a hint of irritation, as if I were getting under his skin. Good.

"I can't. I'm naked."

"Get in here or, so help me, I will drag you." Definitely under his skin.

A thought occurred to me, an ill-formed burst of inspiration that would shape how I would get out of this prison. If Christian thought I was perfect for him, that we were meant to be together, perhaps if I proved him wrong by being a disagreeable shrew, he'd change his mind. For the first time since I woke up in his bed, I felt a shred of hope.

"Fine." His footfalls retreated toward me. "I'll carry you."

"I'm coming." I stood quickly and yanked at the enormous gray duvet until I'd wrapped it all around me like a puffy wedding dress.

"I've already seen you naked, Stella." He leaned against the bathroom doorframe, his hard body something that I'd only seen in scandalous messages from Camille. Broad chest with dusky nipples, washboard abs, and the 'V' leading down to his bulge in his sweatpants. I gawked for a moment, unable to help myself. The outline of his d*ck was so obvious that I could tell he wasn't wearing an underwear. Prying my eyes away, I stared at the space above his head.

He smirked, "I saw that."

"You saw nothing." I looked away.

He said nothing but just handed me a toothbrush while he brushed his teeth himself. I supported the duvet with one hand tightly as I brushed my teeth. One glance at the mirror and my cheeks heated. My hair was a mess and my makeup was already ruined.

I made no attempt to fix myself. Maybe if he saw me like this, he wouldn't find me beautiful and let me go.

"Come on." He offered me his palm after I brushed. I stared at it and then looked up at him. "Where? Are you going to kill me and then throw my body somewhere?"

He shook his head. "I told you, I don't want to hurt you. I'm not a serial killer if that's what you're thinking. We are just going to have breakfast."

His calmness of this situation made me angry. Why was he doing all this? Why?

He wasn't a serial killer. If he wanted to kill me he'd have done that by now. I was convinced. At least for now. That didn't mean I wanted to have breakfast with him. "I'm naked."