Chapter 12 *Trigger Warning*

Começar do início

"Eomma, what's wrong? Are you ok?" I continue to ask the same question and I don't know how long I have before I can't wait for the answer anymore before I just run home. When I say run home I mean run home. I would not take the bus or a taxi that would only slow me down. I would just run and run until I couldn't run anymore. I know its not logical but thats what my brain wants me to do, just run away. I had the same feeling when my dad had his accident and it took all my strength to not break.

"It's appa. He..." she stops talking and I can hear her take a deep breath.

"Is appa ok?" I say into the phone and I am no longer talking at a moderate tone. I can feel anxiety creep in and I no longer care that I am in a professional setting with a group of people around me. All I care about right now is that my family is ok.

"Today grandpa and grandma were out most of the day doing small errands for our neighbors and they took Jun with them." her words feel like she is having a hard time talking and I try to find the patience to stay on the phone and not rush her. I know she needs to tell the whole story before she tells me the bad news. I know my mother and I know she likes to avoid the tough subjects. From telling me that my favorite doll was lost on the move to telling me my dad had an accident she has always avoided telling me the bad news as much as possible. She will always start with the insignificant details first before getting into the real issue. "I thought it was a nice idea and it would give me enough alone time with dad to finally talk about therapy and our options. So thats what I did. I sat down with dad and I told him everything, I told him how worried we all are and how much we love him and want him to get better. He didn't say anything while I was talking and I thought he was taking it well. But baby I was so wrong" she stops again and her cry gets the better of her. I try to find the words to calm her down but nothing seems to work. I need for her to finish her story and I need to find out what happened but the way she feels right now I don't think we will get there. I stay silent for what feels like hours just listening to her small sobs and every sound she makes breaks my heart into small painful pieces. I don't push her to continue and I decide to start packing my stuff ready to head out the door. I don't look at the others and I don't know if they are aware of my conversation but that's not important right now. When I am done packing I hear her voice again and I stop moving. "I am sorry I am all over the place"

"No mom don't apologize but I do need to know if you and dad are ok? Is he mad? Is that why you crying?" I ask trying to get to the bottom of her tears.

"After the conversation dad told me he wanted to take a nap and I had started a new painting to work on so I put him in our room not thinking anything of it. He didn't seem happy but he also didn't seem upset. I went back to my daily chores thinking he was sleeping but when I headed back into the room to pick up the laundry I noticed he was on the floor." Her sobs start again and this time they are louder than before. I feel my knees go weak and I stare at the floor trying to find some balance. "I ran to him and when I checked him I noticed his pulse was weak. I called the ambulance and they came within seconds but the worse part is.." she takes a break from talking to cry again and all I can think is "what could be worse than being on the floor unconscious" I don't think I am ready for that answer. "the paramedic noticed the empty medicine bottles and they confirmed dad tried to commit suicide" with her last word I loose all will to stand and I feel my legs give out under me. I expect to hit the floor but something hard grabs me. My hand holding the phone falls lifeless to my side and before everything goes black I look up to notice Hobi holding me.

Everything that happens next goes by in slow motion. I loose all senses. I know Hobi is holding me but I don't feel his body. I can hear him talk to me but his words sound miles away. I can see the others form around me but I don't see their faces. Someone takes the phone from my hand but for a moment I don't notice who it is. I hear their deep voice talk into my phone and I assume they are talking to my mom but I can't concentrate enough to confirm it. Hobi who still holds me to his side pulls me closer so my face is nestled on his chest and even though my touch sense is gone I have this overwhelming feeling of being safe and secure. Once the tears start falling my other senses start to come back and I finally see who has my phone. Namjoon stands in front of me talking to my mom and his sweet voice seems to be doing his best to calm her down. There is something else I hear which is louder than anything else around me and once my touch senses come back I notice it's Hobi's heart which seems to be going a million miles a minute but once he looks down at me I can hear his heart slow down. We stare at each other for a moment and his eyes tell me everything will be ok.

Once I have gained some part of my body back I start to pull away from Hobi but he stops me before I can move any further. He pulls me back into his chest and does not let go of his hand on my waist. He holds me there even though he knows I can stand for myself now. I give up on moving away once I hear Namjoon tell my mom that I am ok and my color seems to be back to normal. He also tells her everything has been arranged and my father will be transferred to the most prestigious hospital in the city. I had not noticed that Namjoon had asked Yoongi to call the hospital and make the arrangements. My heart starts to ache for these guys. How are they so amazing and caring. Within seconds they took over everything and tried to help my family without even thinking.

I can only see Jhope, Namjoon and Yoongi but I know for a fact that the others are still around me. I can feel their worried stares on the back of my head. I don't know what I have ever done to deserve the way they care for me. Sometimes I think about if they do it because its me or if they would just do it for anyone they know. This is their true personality and they truly care for the people around them and it does not matter how small they are. I start to feel my strength come back and I hear the rest of my moms and Namjoon's conversation and he assures her multiple times I am ok and they will watch over me and I truly believe him.