"Snap out of it you two!" Hiruzen called out, but it was no use. They didn't speak nor seem to listen to anything around them.

"It's no use. My reanimation jutsu has full control over them. No matter what you do or say it won't bring them back to their senses. They're nothing more than puppets." Kabuto soon joined in on the fight which made the battle lean towards his favor. The 3rd Hokage had limited options left and without bringing anyone into the fight he needed a way to stop this once and for all.

He's controlling the 1st and second Hokage with some jutsu that doesn't require him to stay still and do nothing. That means the only way to stop the jutsu is to stop him.

Hiruzen had enough chakra to make two shadow clones to fight the Hokage's and went straight for Kabuto himself. "Face it, there's no way you'll make it out of this battle alive."

"If that's so, then I guess I'll just have to take you with me." The wording took Kabuto off guard as quick hand signs were made yet nothing seemed to happen, not yet. A white snake popped out of the snake's cloak but with its limited range the 3rd jumped back far enough to not get bit. The white snake turned into a puff of smoke as it was only a set up. Gotcha.

A smirk widened on Kabuto's face and the Hokage didn't know why that was until he felt a piercing pain. He slowly looked down to see a larger snake right through his stomach and slowly moving forward to bite down on his shoulder. This one was the real one attached to Kabuto and it tunneled through the ground to make a surprise attack when the fake one from Kabuto lured him back.

Hiruzen could feel the poison seeping into to body, making him weaker. The jutsu was almost done, he just needed some more time, but it didn't seem like he was going to make it.

The reanimated 1st and second Hokage came to a stop which allowed Enma to help out the 3rd. The white snake through the Hokage quickly saw this action and let him go to stop the monkey. It wrapped itself around him, but with restricted length Enma was close enough to grasp Hiruzen, preventing the poison from spreading and his life span leaving before the jutsu could finish.

"Sealing Jutsu: Reaper Death Seal." By this time the Shinigami already finished his chant, took the first two Hokage's soul, and just pulled Hiruzen's soul from his body.

Why did the reanimation jutsu stop? Something's wrong here. Even with that large hole through his chest and the poison in his body, he's still standing. I better take this chance to leave. Unfortunately for him, the snake wouldn't let go of the Enma, who even with his body being wrapped around is also restraining the snake from moving. Damnit, I can't move.

That wasn't the only reason for his restraint. Soon enough a weird feeling came to his senses, like his life was slowly being taken away. That was until he was slowly able to see the Shinigami appear from behind the 3rd. Just what is this?

(Present Time)
Kitsune rushed to the barrier, quickly issuing the anbu to dispel it. They did so for a brief second only for him to pass through then set it back up again. He rushed to his Jiji's aid, using his healing prowess to close the hole but it didn't seem to be working.

"3rd Hokage, you have to release this jutsu, we can take him down a different way now that we're here. Tsunade can heal you." He kept going on about different scenarios about how to end this, but the man only shook his head slowly.

"My boy, you know just as well as I do that it's too late. Nothing can be done now."

"Stop it, there must be some way to save you. Some type of healing jutsu or medicine that can reverse the affect." His mind raced with ideas and possibilities, anything to avoid the inevitable.

"If that were so..then I would've tried it all to bring your parents back. This jutsu is an eye for an eye, and I'm willing to give it up for the sake of this village and it's people." Tears welled up in both the man and the teen's eyes. This was the last way either of them wanted to see him go but to Hiruzen it was for the best, yet Naruto still couldn't grasp the whole understanding of it.

He'll never fully get the meaning of the term 'for the village and its people'. All he knew was the family around him, which was all that kept him going. Now he was about to lose one of the most important person to him for that very reason.

Kitsune felt the Hokage's life slowly slip from his body, despite his efforts to save him. The man slowly slipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out a scroll for Naruto. "Take this and read it. It's almost like a will but it has a lot of important information." The jutsu continued on with the previous Hokages turning into paper and dust, and Kabuto's soul almost completely removed.

Hiruzen slowly moved his hand towards Kitsune's mask and took it off, lightly smiling at the face he's grown so fond of throughout the years. "You've grown up so much. I'm so proud of what you've become and I'm happy to have watched it up until now. I know you'll continue to get stronger, but never lose sight of who you are and what you live for. Do what you want, travel the world if you desire, and always protect those you care about."

"3rd Hokage, Jiji, please don't leave. I- I can't just continue on-"

"As long as you hold the one you care for close, no matter what they'll always live on. Follow your ninja way and the Will of Fire will always burn bright within you." The jutsu was nearly complete. By this time Kabuto's soul has been taken and his body laid stiff on the ground. Hiruzen's eyes began to close while his chakra and life began to fade before them.

"I'm sorry it had to end this way...but your smile...just once...more." As hot tears streamed down the teen's face, he muster up enough of himself to smile one last time for him.

"Yes, I see it now... Just like the sun...you'll light the way for yourself...and radiate your warmth and shine to the people around you... Goodbye, my Grandson." His eyes finally closed, showing the start to his eternal rest. Enma disappeared and the snake that used to be around him was nowhere to be seen. Naruto slowly stopped using his medical ninjutsu and stayed there motionless, nobody knowing what to do next.

The barrier was soon taken down and anbu's hesitantly moved closer to see their former leader dead. Some began to cry, others couldn't make a single sound, and Kakashi was the only one to talk to Kitsune first.

"Kitsune, are you-" he was interrupted with a single hand raise from him. This was really serious. Naruto has never done this to him before. He slowly put on his mask, picked up his Jiji, and walked away. Everyone moved aside, knowing well not to get in his way. As he passed Kakashi, it was the first time he's ever not seen his little brother's eyes through the mask.

He halted his steps, making everyone pay more attention to what he was about to say. "Kabuto. Is that man confirmed to be dead?" His voice was the lowest anyone has ever heard from him, sending a small chill down their spines.

"Yes. This jutsu makes it impossible for the target to escape from."

"Wait, what about that huge white snake attached to him? It's gone." One of them pointed out. Some gathered to look at the hole it went through and emerged from, but there was no sign of it."

"I don't care what any of you do. Find it. Capture it. Bring it back dead or alive, preferably alive if possible. Dog, organize and send out the teams."

"Hai Kitsune-sama." With that, Kitsune went to the hospital to verify the death and plan the funeral of the man who made him get to where he was today. At the moment, he didn't know what to think or to feel. He was mentally and emotionally drained and devoid of most of his surroundings, but one thing was for sure in his mind. He was going to get the Akastuki for the worst mistake they've just made.