[ 68 ]

Louisiana

Louisiana

When things took a turn for the worse and the Flag Smashers went into hiding, Sam decided that his presence was most needed back home. He knew that it wasn't the last time that he would be facing Karli and her group of super soldiers but whilst they were recharging, he also needed to think about his own priorities and recharge himself. John Walker had been denounced as Captain America after murdering an innocent man in the middle of the street and he was no longer acting as part of the government team. Sam and Bucky had taken the shield from him, with help from Noelle and now he was simply a part of their mission which had been closed. Bucky and Noelle had gone back to Brooklyn, starting the next part of their lives and waiting to get the call from Sam which would bring them back onto the mission; at least, that was what Sam thought that they were doing. He went back to Louisiana, deciding to ask for help from old friends to get the family boat turned over and ready to take out on fishing trips.

"Tommy, Carlos, man, this is amazing." He clapped their backs, walking past all of the parts that they had brought over which would help him to repair the boat. "Thank you so much."

"Hey, word goes out the Wilson family need help, we still got a bit of usefulness in us."

"How do we get it off the truck?" His question was soon answered as one of the boxes was lifted and dropped closer to the docks, revealing Bucky, who shrugged at what he had just done, not breaking a sweat. "You're welcome."

Sam was surprised to see the couple in Louisiana, not expecting them to be around now that the mission was on a break. He hadn't talked to them in days, not since they had handed the shield over to him from John and then disappeared into the city. He had assumed that the next time he saw them, would be whenever they were fighting the Flag Smashers and yet, here they were, in his hometown, ready to move things along with his family boat. Noelle could see the shock on his face, they hadn't told him that they were coming to visit or mentioned what they had asked from Wakanda as a parting gift. She dropped a case onto the back of the van and gestured for Sam to come and look at what they were giving him. "We're just dropping this off."

"You can sign for it and we'll go. I called in a favour from Wakanda."

Before the chance even came for Sam to open the case and see what they had given him, a pipe burst on the boat and everyone panicked. This boat was very important to the Wilson family, it not only was their business but it was a part of their legacy and it was something that they really cherished. Sam's sister Sarah, could see the pipe burst from where she was stood on the shore and shouted to her brother to do something. "Sam!" Listening to her worry, Sam leapt over the side of the boat and grabbed a spanner, attempting to fix it but it wouldn't budge.

"Hold on, hold on." Bucky had joined him on the boat, and shoved him out of the way, using the spanner and stopping the hissing noise. "You have to go up."