[ 31 ]

Knowing that the twins were still on the loose meant that the Avengers were preparing for the next battle; they had hoped that after receiving the sceptre, it meant that their mission was completed but things had become more complicated since the ...

Knowing that the twins were still on the loose meant that the Avengers were preparing for the next battle; they had hoped that after receiving the sceptre, it meant that their mission was completed but things had become more complicated since the birth of Ultron. Even though they defeated the robotic version at the Avengers Tower, he was a programme and could be routed in several different places all over the world. However, even though they knew about the potential threat, they couldn't just suit up and fly around the world, trying to track him down. They had to wait for him to make the first move and then they would know how to approach the situation, luckily the first move was played pretty quickly and sent a direct message straight to the Avengers; letting them know what kind of game was being played. Steve and Noelle were called upon by Agent Hill, who had been sent security footage of some of their facilities; wanting to talk to them first because out of all the Avengers, they seemed the most level-headed.

"He's all over the globe. Robotics labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs. Reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place."

"Fatalities?" Steve wondered as they walked up the steps together, worried about the answer that he would receive because it would inform them just how dangerous Ultron was.

"Only when engaged." Agent Hill explained, before going into more detail about the scene of the crimes when he had left. "Mostly guys left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fears and something too fast to see."

Upon hearing this detail, Noelle's ears perked and she knew exactly who they were dealing with; obviously Ultron knew that he couldn't win this alone and needed a team. They were the most obvious choice. "The twins?"

"That makes sense he'd go to them. They have someone in common." Steve nodded, thinking about how they had been experimented on by Hydra and now had their enhanced abilities.

"Not anymore." Agent Hill took out her iPad and showed them the picture that had been taken from their security footage, it showed Strucker in a cell only this time he was dead. Behind him on the wall there was a message written in blood: PEACE. Which seemed like the most unpeaceful thing to write after murdering a man.

They headed towards the main conference room where they were hoping to find the other Avengers and explain what was going on, but as they walked through the corridor, they could hear someone mumbling under their breath. Thankfully, it was only Clint and he was on the phone to someone; the two best friends glanced at each other, wondering who he was talking to but decided not to push rumours around. "Barton, we might have something."

"I have to go." He hung up the call once hearing Steve at the end of the corridor, and rushed after them to catch up.

Noelle couldn't help but raise an eyebrow and question him. "Who was that?"

"Girlfriend." Clint answered quickly, refusing to make eye contact with her which raised her suspicions of who he was talking to.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend."